Thread: Thank you from my family to the FORC family

Default Thank you from my family to the FORC family

I just started riding this year and my first dozen or so rides have been at Sunderbruch. I would just like to say thank you to all the people who were involved in making my riding experiences possible at Sunderbruch. I don't know who paid for all of this or if it was completely done by volunteers but I fell in love with it the first time I rode it (except for getting lost, ending up on LT and about crapping my pant's:) ) and I appreciate it very much. I have a family and I am very overwhelmed by how much every thing costs to do these days. I was reading forums yesterday and could not understand why any one would complain about the trails or your site not being current. I dont pay to come here and see if the trails are open and I dont pay to ride them which has provided my family with excitement, being part of nature and the opportunity to get back in shape doing somthing that is fun. My family values the extraordinary amount of work and time that must have been involved to make this all possisble. So once again thank you to every one who had a hand in this. Hopefully in about a month I will be up to par with stamina and skill and will start checking out the weekly rides. Sound like you are all about riding and cold ones, a match made in heaven!

Quote Originally Posted by Grizzly Adams View Post
    Sound like you are all about riding and cold ones, a match made in heaven!
    if you haven't already heard....our motto is 'HFDB' - Have Fun, Drink Beer!

Thank you for the kind words Griz. As a non-profit volunteer organization, we at times feel a little underappreciated, so we always appreciate knowing we have made a positive contribution!

Regarding Sunderbruch, all of the singletrack trails are built and maintained by the volunteer labor of FORC. All expenses required (materials, equipment, fuel, etc) are funded by the club, either from our general fund (membership dues, event proceedings, etc) or from donations by some of our generous supporters.

Enjoy the trails, and come join us!
    Rg.
    Haters gonna hate.