The park wanted nothing to do with a "mountain bike" trail out there, and it was never closed or enforced. Period. It was an equestrian trail, they "tolerated" the bikes and we all got along.

When forc was granted stewardship of the trails, thats when the enforcement began. Previously the only enforcement from rangers was if you crossed the road into the nature trails.

Like it or not, Forc brought about this unfortunate situation. As I said before, it isn't necessarily bad. But it is what it is.

You can't tell me and the others who have riden out there for the past 15-20 years that the trail would be closed today if there was no Forc involvement. Right I understand the rangers decide when its closed. The point is, before you, the rangers didn't give a crap and they certainly wouldn't have closed the trail.

And yes... trails were a mess, horses tore up the hills on wet and dry days. There is no argument there. We cleaned the trail ourselves, we survived.

The high areas of the park were always dry, around the pine trees. There we could always string together a one mile lap for training.

ICORR had a hotline with a daily updated greeting, we knew that the trail message was current. You ignored my point, we have no idea that you are maintaining that on your page. Riders shouldn't have to guess whether you are up to date, figure out how to get ahold of a body at SCP, etc. etc.

Please try to tell me I'm wrong. I grew up on those trails, I made and maintained a lot of them (pre-Forc). My dad and I cut many a fallen tree off those trails for many years.

Ginger