Before this gets out of hand, I just got off the phone with the park manager. As we have said in the past, one of the main problems for keeping the trails closed so long is due to issues with the horse trails. They are currently tiling and rerouting most of the bad spots this week. This will no doubt help open trails faster after big rains. In the recent week they had a 3" rain Friday and another 1" rain this Tuesday. I don't know of any trail system that can handle that much rain and be open in less than 2 days.
Up until FORC, Park policy stated that "There is no single track at SCP". So what that means, If anyone was caught on single track trails they could be subject to fines or removal from the park. This was one 40 year old policy that I am proud to say I had a hand in changing. There is no doubt a long learning curve that both the Park and FORC have been working on since FORC gained access to the Park.
Since FORC started out there as pre our agreement we have worked with the rangers and Conservation Board to create a (currently) 7 mile, no horse single track trail system, with another 2 mile loop well under way. The over all plan is to have 12 to 15 miles in that section alone. Where else can you go in the Quad Cities for that kind of ride?

SO if you want to go back to the days with a "1 mile loop" I have to say I just don't understand...

I have said in the past be patient. Now that the Rangers and the Conservation Board have given us there blessing and with the new policies in place (and some still being changed), SCP will be the best place to ride with in 6 or more hours of the QC.

Your Scott County Park Trail Steward, Aaron