I'm not sure I'm going to give any value to a trail poacher's opinion.

As a person who started riding off road in '92, here is my two cents.

15 years ago there was no significant trail system within 45 minutes of the Quad Cities. Period. I can deal with making a phone call to SCP to determine the status of the trails. Before FORC's involvement in Scott County Park, the trails were not maintained, they were more of a fun little loop with no subsequent length. It is now a full system, that is maintained very well by dedicated people who are very under appreciated. Furthermore, in addition to SCP, there are efforts in place to continue to maintain other trail systems in the QC area. FORC has been a FORCe in opening trail systems to mountain bikers in the QC.

As a guy who drove two to three times a week to Sugar Bottom for years just to ride organized trails, I have to say... stop your bitching. Make the phone call. How can a club be responsible for your lazy butt? I would rather ride the trails out there now compared to the "good old days", when it wasn't maintained, when it wasn't legal to ride singletrack, when the park didn't care about the quality of the trail system or the efforts of volunteers. If you seriously have time to complain about a time stamp on the web site, you need to ride more.

For your reference, the bike path almost never closes, but when it does, the cities don't post it either. I expect you will contact them also.