Getting an early start on spring cleanup as I expect the trails will be opening significantly earlier than usual this year given the tame ground freeze. Planning to be at Illiniwek Sunday morning at 10am in the main parking lot across from the campground. We'll be working on trail repairs, clearing a few larger fallen trees, and removing two smaller bridges on the north connector trail.

I'll have an assortment of club tools on hand for dirt work. If you want to help remove the bridges, bring a battery drill/impact driver with T-25 bits and possibly some other demolition type carpentry tools. If you want to help clear trees with a saw you'll need to have protective chaps and a helmet. I'll have my saw gear on hand so probably only need one more person with similar stuff (5-6 medium to large trees down).

New to trailwork? Check out this quick guide on what to expect and how to prepare.

Trail Condition Update: Trails are still greasy with the northern facing sections being considerably softer and more prone to rut damage. All users should stay off to prevent creating ruts and footprints until conditions improve.