Thread: trees still down?

Default trees still down?

if anyone knows if the trees down on the main loop (before jubilee? cannot remember just where for sure, a little help here would be great) and the VERY low bridge after the tight turnback on rock cut have been taken care of yet? i will get to them asap if they are still blocking the route. the faster i get replies the faster they disappear.;)
    the wheels on my bike go round and round......

Board Position
    Insurance Manager

Those were takin' care of last week. However now that I think about it there was one down on the bailout from Blue Mound that we did not get at that time.
    Thanks,
    Eric
    A Value Oriented Cyclist

Talked with my buds, they said their ride was pretty bad as one of the dudes hit that downed tree "smackito"....in the face. I have seen it too! Wish I had a chainsaw cause it is pretty big.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Default Downed Tree

Eric is right, it is on the bailout option connecting towards Kickapoo exit. However, it is two BIG downed trees side-by-side. If you look at the trail map, it is after the word 'Mound' (of Blue Mound), but the trees would be just at the start of the blue trail line... just before the descent on the actual trail.

I rode Blue Mound Monday night and had to hop the first tree, then walk one or two steps and hop the next one; lifting the bike over each.

I'm leaving town Wednesday and will not be back until August 7th or 8th. I can help with Sunderbruch at that time. Whether it's these downed trees, more downed trees, or just plain 'ol weed whackin'!!!

http://www.qcforc.org/maps/sbpmap.pdf

Board Position
    President

I talked to the city yesterday about gaining access to the paved path so that we can get our maintance done quickly. Also it's a lot easier getting the DR around the trails. I should have a key this week. When I head out there I'll post up.
    You'd understand if you know what I was talking about.

with the condition of some parts of kickapoo out, those trees have not been removed by myself for a reason. that trail is still too muddy in areas to be ridden. that forces you to head out of blue mound without taking the bailout. Rg and i discussed closing both kickapoo in and out last night but didn't have the time to physically barrier these off. beware they may get it very soon as i am off work again.

and yes, that key is the key to better maintenance. hiking up from the parking lot with a handful of tools, chainsaw and gas sucks. its a long walk.
    the wheels on my bike go round and round......