Thread: race distances

Default race distances

I won't be able to make the Sunderbrunch races this year, but I couldn't help but to notice the distances of the XC and Short Track events. A 32 miles XC event(expert) will probably be 3 hours for many racers! The short track(expert) will probably take over 1 hour! I like punishment as much as the next person- you might have to re-name the events to keep USAC off your ass.
    Jon

ps- I'm not giving anybody grief. We're looking at our Matthiessen event and trying to figure out laps and lap time to keep it in the USAC norms.

Somewhere between over the handlebars and the nearest brewpub

We had no issues with USAC. With the completion of a new loop, the Sport and Experts will be doing less laps of a longer course. As soon as we get the new distance I will post up.
    SPLASH
    "This is grain, which any fool can eat, but for which the Lord intended a more divine means of consumption. Let us give praise to our Maker, and glory to His bounty, by learning about... BEER!" - Friar Tuck (Robin Hood - Prince of Thieves)
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

3. Default

Just so I know what Im getting myself in to, should I be planning for a 15mi Short Track race or has that distance been cut down?
    Thanks
    Dan

4. Default

No joke... 15 mile short track race is over the top. That's longer than a Pro men's STXC race.

Somewhere between over the handlebars and the nearest brewpub

As of right now the distance has not been changed. In talking with many riders,
    none of them seemed willing to show up for a 5 - 7 mile race. Just trying to give riders some bang for their buck.
    SPLASH
    "This is grain, which any fool can eat, but for which the Lord intended a more divine means of consumption. Let us give praise to our Maker, and glory to His bounty, by learning about... BEER!" - Friar Tuck (Robin Hood - Prince of Thieves)
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

6. Default

Understandable that people want more for their money.... but if they are complaining about too short of a ST race, they really don't understand the point of that kind of race. But, the pain associated with riding as hard as you can.... bleeding from the eyes.... throwing up in your mouth... for 15 minutes isn't for everyone :) But it's exactly what a STXC race is all about. hehe

It's hard to get people to come in for a two day event like that to race for just 15-20 minutes. A lot of places would just have the ST race the same day as the XC. That obviously brings up other problems/complaints though.... always something :)

Good luck with the event!

I'm a little slow in the smarts dept. sometimes....

Did I miss the "actual" distances for the different races?
    How long is the sprint Sat and how long is the regular race Sun?
    Ya didn't see me do it. Ya can't prove it!

Go to the home page and click on the link which is the sweet looking pic of the mean and fuzzy rabbit.

Any one know how fast the laps times might be in the Sport Expert class XC race ?

Quote Originally Posted by Howie View Post
    Any one know how fast the laps times might be in the Sport Expert class XC race ?
    We took a spin on the course tonight, but not at race-pace. It'll be fast, I suspect the cruisers will be sub 30 minutes.

Rg.
    Haters gonna hate.