Thread: Dorrance - Sat 10/7 @ 9am

Board Position
    Trail Steward - Illiniwek; Web Director

Default Dorrance - Sat 10/7 @ 9am

Planning to repair/rebuild the large log skinny feature on the Blue Loop and build a small bridge on the Green Loop this Saturday. If we have enough help there are some other smaller projects we can send people to work on as well.

Meeting in the upper overflow parking lot at 9am. Take the gravel road up the hill near the picnic shelter to get to this area. Turn left immediately after the trail kiosk when entering the inner parking lot area.

Some basic carpentry tools will be useful; I'll have what we need to do the job but duplicates won't hurt. If you have an impact driver or drill with T25 bits, battery circular saw, tape measure, square, etc. bring them along. I'll also have an assortment of club dirtworking tools available.

If this is your first trail day, take a look at this quick guide on what to expect and how to prepare: Volunteering for Trailwork Please RSVP if you plan on attending! It helps us know what projects we can take on.
    ⚒ Trails don't build themselves. ⚒

I haven't been out working for a while. I'll try and make this I have all of the carpentry tools listed above I can bring along.

Board Position
    Trail Steward - Illiniwek; Web Director

Thanks everyone who made it out Saturday. We repaired the entrance ramp to the large blue loop skinny and added a more permanent exit ramp. We also had time to rework the drop features at the end of Loam Ranger. The first two drops were eliminated in favor of rollers but the last drop is still there. This section of trail was also widened. Also installed a new bridge on Oakely Dokely Sunday that replaces a double-wide plank in a seasonal wet area allowing for better drainage during heavy rains and less prone to be hidden by leaves.

⚒ Trails don't build themselves. ⚒