Thread: Sitrep 7/29/23

Default Sitrep 7/29/23

Rode Illiniwek this morning. Pulled 5 tree limbs off the trail. North loop has a small tree down after the features in the clockwise direction, then a monster tree down on the backside of the North loop. South loop has two trees down, one before the climb and one close to the maintenance building at the top of the hill. Those two just need a chainsaw. The big one the north loop is gonna take some heavy work. The actual trails are in great shape.

I'm thinking about riding tomorrow I'll take my chainsaw with and see if I can get something done if the trail gnomes haven't already taken care of them.

Board Position
    Trail Steward - Illiniwek; Web Director

Thanks for the report and getting some of the trees moved. Will check them out this evening if they are still there. A reminder when using chainsaws to clear downed trees at Illiniwek or Dorrance: the Ranger requires us to use PPE (chaps and helmet) when doing this kind of work on the property.
    ⚒ Trails don't build themselves. ⚒

Just the big mess on the north loop is all that is left. Probably will need a few guys and a good size chainsaw.

Board Position
    Trail Steward - Illiniwek; Web Director

Got about half of the remaining large trunk cleared tonight before I broke the chain tensioner... Got it fixed but ran out of daylight. Going to finish it off tomorrow at 6pm if anyone is available to help. Meet in the parking lot to the west of the salt dome on the upper South Side (quicker to walk in this way). Planning to head over to Dorrance after finishing since there are a few down up there as well.
    ⚒ Trails don't build themselves. ⚒