Thread: Out of towner looking for a rental and rides

Default Out of towner looking for a rental and rides

Hey Iowans! I live in Utah but will be coming out to Iowa in a couple of weeks with my wife and I'm hoping to find some decent trails and a place to rent a bike. Before I start looking for bike shops to call, do any of you locals know of a place that rents bikes?

We'll be in Burlington, where my wife is from. I rode out there 20-ish years ago and rode Sugar Bottom and Geode. I'm looking for a couple of good spots to hit. I'm thinking maybe Sunderbruch and Sugar Bottom or Scott County Park?

Any tips or suggestions?

Board Position
    Trail Steward - Illiniwek; Web Director

Plenty of local trails to choose from since 20 years ago! QC Area Trails Good stuff happening up in Dubuque, IA as well with TMBR. Interstate Power Preserve is a must ride if you're in the area. And even some lift serviced downhill trails (Farside Bike Park) opening in Galena, IL (1hr north of the QC) at Chestnut Mountain Resort.

Not sure about bike rentals though...
    ⚒ Trails don't build themselves. ⚒

Thanks for the suggestions. The Dubuque area trails look like a lot of fun, but at 2.5 hours from Burlington probably a little farther away than I want to go. So far no luck finding bike rentals so it may be a moot point.

How many bikes are you looking to rent? I don't know of any rentals nearby, but could meet up with you for a ride and a loaner. Only catch is you'd have to be about 5'09-6'01" for my spare bike. Would be happy to show you any of the local trails you're interested in. LMK and I'll send you my contact info.

J

Quote Originally Posted by jlorance View Post
    How many bikes are you looking to rent? I don't know of any rentals nearby, but could meet up with you for a ride and a loaner. Only catch is you'd have to be about 5'09-6'01" for my spare bike. Would be happy to show you any of the local trails you're interested in. LMK and I'll send you my contact info.

J
    Thanks! I tried to PM you but my post count is too low.

Hey thanks for the offer of a meet up and backup bike! That might be just the solution I need. I'm looking at probably the morning of Oct 13th and/or Oct 14th. Does that sound workable? What kind of bike are we talking about?

You can email me at jason_lorance@yahoo.com and I'll send ya my cell #.

J