Thread: Jubilee vs Scott Co.

Default Jubilee vs Scott Co.

Just finished racing over at Jubilee on Sunday....it was tough. Lots of hills and technical areas. Can you tell me how your trail compares to there's? I want to do the Novice womens....Let me know. Christine:banana:

Board Position
    President

There isn't any gut buster climbs and the most tec part will not be in the novice course. I have raced Jubilee and have been the steward at SCP since we started building trail out there. This is the course in the series that is fast and flowy.

Can't wait....
    You'd understand if you know what I was talking about.

3. Default

My first race was at Farmdale last fall, then Sylvan in the rain followed by Jubilee this weekend. I ride Farmdale all the time so it wasn't bad. Sylvan was a blast even in the mud and Jubilee was just brutal (and I rode the course twice in the weeks before the race). I'm hoping Scott County is somewhere between Sylvan and Farmdale???

Quote Originally Posted by steener View Post
    I'm hoping Scott County is somewhere between Sylvan and Farmdale???
    That's pretty much it. :D

Chris, you will enjoy Scott County. It s fast and flowy. Bring a tent and make it a weekend event! Bring a swimsuit... there's a nice pool there. Bring a cooler with food and beverages as we will be grilling out Friday and Saturday nights.

Becky
    I wanna ride!

6. Default SS 29er gearing

Riding a SS 29er. Mid pack sport class. What gear will work best for ScoCOPA XC?

I've got a 32*17, might be a bit high. 32*20 might be a bit low. Any opinions?

If you're a fairly strong rider 32 17 should be fine. I was suprised at how flat the course was.... almost no climbing except for one section with a few off camber climbs. Apparently there is a new section of trail being added to the race that isn't even finished yet so I'm not sure about that section.

Board Position
    President

There has no new sections added this year. As for the gear, I'd run the 17
    You'd understand if you know what I was talking about.

9. Default

Thanks a lot. My motor is better than my technical skills. I'll stick with the 32*17.