Thread: Brick Shack Or Love Shack?

Default Brick Shack Or Love Shack?

I'm a grade A knuckle head and I'm curious if anyone knows what the brick building thing is that's located between the North loop and the South loop connector trail. I'm not losing sleep over this but I've been riding these sweet ass trails for a hot minute and I've never known what this building was. If anybody knows please share.

Board Position
    Trail Steward - Illiniwek; Web Director

The brick building is an old water pumping station. There is a large concrete storage tank at the top of the hill above the building and slightly off the trail (it's visible from the trail if you know where to look). I think it was for the old hike-in camp sites and bathroom buildings that were at the park in the 80s. All the concrete octagons scattered throughout the south side of the park were fire pits for these campsites. There are also two concrete foundation ruins among the south loop for the old bathrooms; they a little harder to find though.

Another Illiniwek ruins POI: At the top of the overlook on the north side stands the remains of a tow rope support tower from when that area was used as a public ski area.
    ⚒ Trails don't build themselves. ⚒

I was hoping the brick house was an old hippie shower station from the late 60's. Anyway, thanks for the info. I've also wondered what the concrete octagons were but you answered that question as well. Can we retro fit that tow rope support tower to accept bikes so I don't have to pedal up to the top? In all seriousness, thanks for the info.