Thread: Mon 7-13

Default Mon 7-13

Anyone want to ride tomorrow night around 7ish I need all the practice I can get I'd like to try my first race sat?

i plan on headin out around 6:30 or so.
    the wheels on my bike go round and round......

I will be there after work. Probably 5:30ish.
    I wanna ride!

I would LOVE to ride however, according to the trail conditions, SBP remains ***CLOSED***
    :cool:

thats only because the sign didn't get flipped when the store opened this morning we forget to do these type of things sometimes. trust me mielke, i will not jeopardize the trails.. i put in plenty of those hours fixing them as it is.
    Last edited by dru_b; 07-13-2009 at 12:47 PM.

I would love to ride tonight after I get off work at 5:30. I will be down there about 6ish.

But,how are we to know if the trails are going to be ridable tonight? I know Steve went out yesterday and said that people should not have be on them.

Has anyone been out there yet today?
    Becky
    AKA.. SASS

Without a trail steward, we kind of need to monitor it ourselves. I can get there around 5:45 / 6 to look, but I won't be able to post the status.
    I wanna ride!

I didn't check the trails, but I'm guessing they should be mostly rideable. As I said yesterday, there was some damage done from a combination of the ridiculous amount of rain we have gotten and people riding the trails when they shouldn't have been. At this point, I'm going to go ahead and open them.

Now the bad: The City of Davenport is working on putting in the gate at the SBP Entrance and have the parking lot closed off to vehicle traffic.

Edit: Forgot to mention that the parking lot is only closed off for tonight while the concrete dries for the posts.
    Last edited by SweetSVT99; 07-13-2009 at 04:25 PM.

i was told by a fella who was told by a city employee that it was OK to park in parking lot via bikepath entrance so that's what i did. sorry if this caused any issues as i didn't see this post before i went out.