Thread: Copper harbor 2020

Default Copper harbor 2020

Hey guys! I know it's getting close to that time of year again, and I'm wanting to get in before it's too late for the trip up there. Is there someone I can get in contact with for hotel reservations?? Thanks and I appreciate the help!
    Revel Rascal
    Giant Revolt Adv
    Giant Yukon

Board Position
    President

Mandy is working not he rooms now. We will let you know what we come up with! Going to be a good group this year.
    You'd understand if you know what I was talking about.

Board Position
    President

We have 3 rooms reserved at the King Copper. All rooms have 2 queens beds. Would you line to claim 1? Let us know. Also are you looking for a room mate to share the cost?

That would be awesome!!! I also have no issues with sharing a room, to help someone else out if they need it as well!
    Revel Rascal
    Giant Revolt Adv
    Giant Yukon

Can't wait.
    "Start and end at a brewery, and a very cool snow and Ice urban/cross country, lake ride in between with flasks ful of Krakin... YAH MON!!!!" - Vibrato

"Every one of you should ride a bike and be yourself. I really and truly believe that bikes make the world better, and that anyone who spends some time getting used to life on the saddle will find that it makes their life and the world that their life is locked to, better; in almost every way." -Gern Blanston, Surly Bikes

Board Position
    Event Coordinator / Race Director

As of right now we have about 26 FORCrs headed to the fest and we are still planning on going even if they do decide to cancel!

Johnny K would like to share share a room and save cost. Just let me know the the details with who and when. Thanks

Got a room at the King Copper Via Mandy.
    Last edited by SugarShane; 07-14-2020 at 05:24 PM.

Board Position
    President

We had an awesome trip up to the Harbor last week. The trails were in pristine condition. The lake was rather cold, apparently it flipped a week before. Resaturates were open with only one stipulation, you had to ware a mask from the front door to the table. Other store were open and some chose not to open at all this year. If you were planning on using the KAC shuttle service keep in mind there is only 4 allowed per shuttle. The Bella Vista was working on possibly offering a shuttle service, we shall see. As always, we can use my truck. I can hold 5 bikes and riders. As of last count we have 28 confirmed with a couple more on the fence. We still have a few rooms if people are still wanting to get in on the shenanigans. I am keeping a close eye on the states condition. If the Gov shut it down again the hotel plans on staying open. The only issue will be food. If it gets shut down plan on bringing your own. This is going to be an awesome trip with or without a fest! FORC doesn't need a fest to have a good time!

Board Position
    Event Coordinator / Race Director

We are 2 weeks out from the Copper Harbor trip and we do have a couple of rooms left if anyone is still interested in checking out the trails! Despite the fest being cancelled we have about 28 FORCrs headed north for this trip. Those already going keep an eye out on the forum and well update with travel info. Right now plan to cook most meals as Covid-19 restrictions are in place in the UP so not sure what the availability of restaurants will be at this time. We do know masks are required in town.

Board Position
    President

We are about a week out and I’m super stoked with the group that is going! One of the largest so far. Certainly the largest we have at the Bella Vista. As of right now, Ziks bar and restaurant is the only place in town not open for seating. Take out is available. When visiting the restaurants you will be required to wear a mask entering and before you are seated. Once seated you can take it off. The general store is open but be sure to sanitize your hands and wear a mask or they will remind you��. Please consider patronizing any establishment when in Copper. They have taken a pretty hard hit this year. If anyone wants or needs anymore information I will be at Front Street Freight House this Saturday @ 6pm. Stop down for a beer and pre game with us.
    Last edited by AG; 08-25-2020 at 09:19 PM.

Can't wait
    "Start and end at a brewery, and a very cool snow and Ice urban/cross country, lake ride in between with flasks ful of Krakin... YAH MON!!!!" - Vibrato

"Every one of you should ride a bike and be yourself. I really and truly believe that bikes make the world better, and that anyone who spends some time getting used to life on the saddle will find that it makes their life and the world that their life is locked to, better; in almost every way." -Gern Blanston, Surly Bikes

Board Position
    President

Awesome trip this year everyone! We ended with 31 total from our area! This was the largest I have had since we started staying at the Bella Vista. The largest ever was 32 camping. Since there was no Fest this year I wasn't sure how things were going to shake out. In typical FORC fashion, we brought the fest. The weather was good the trails were in perfect condition and the company was awesome. 2021 we have the same rooms so start think about next year. Copper 2021 Sept 2-6????

I'm ready to go back when you are! �� Thank you guys so much for your efforts getting everything planned and setup! I'll definitely be going back!
    Revel Rascal
    Giant Revolt Adv
    Giant Yukon