Thread: Scott community college trails?

Default Scott community college trails?

I just noticed on the forum that there is a trail conditions link for Scott community college that I noticed was added pretty recently. Any info on those?

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk
    Revel Rascal
    Giant Revolt Adv
    Giant Yukon

The bike trail is currently 1.2 mile with some directional signage to keep riders on track. The bike trail is built and maintained by Healthy Habits Bike Shop with permission from the college. We are working on getting a more official map and information up on the site. We are also working on adding more trail over the next seasons.

There are also some unmarked wide hiking trails that do not permit bikes. Please do not ride on the hiking trails.

The entrance to the bike trail is by the SCC entrance off of Belmont at the top of the hill. After turning off Belmont, you will see a dead end to your left. The trailhead is through the woods past the dead end.

North Loop Direction.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by HHCrew View Post
    The bike trail is currently 1.2 mile with some directional signage to keep riders on track. The bike trail is built and maintained by Healthy Habits Bike Shop with permission from the college. We are working on getting a more official map and information up on the site. We are also working on adding more trail over the next seasons.

There are also some unmarked wide hiking trails that do not permit bikes. Please do not ride on the hiking trails.

The entrance to the bike trail is by the SCC entrance off of Belmont at the top of the hill. After turning off Belmont, you will see a dead end to your left. The trailhead is through the woods past the dead end.

North Loop Direction.jpg
    Awesome! Thank you for the info and the hard work!

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk
    Revel Rascal
    Giant Revolt Adv
    Giant Yukon

I live very close to this trail, and I just wanted to say that I greatly appreciate it being in town! Thank you Healthy Habits and FORC for maintaining it! +1
    2019 Kona Honzo DL

Quote Originally Posted by HHCrew View Post
    The bike trail is built and maintained by Healthy Habits Bike Shop with permission from the college. We are working on getting a more official map and information up on the site. We are also working on adding more trail over the next seasons.
    Is there anyone I could get in touch with to do some approved trail maintenance? I would love to reconnect some of the pieces!
    Last edited by Cascade_Effect; 07-23-2021 at 02:30 PM. Reason: Remove attachment
    2019 Kona Honzo DL

Board Position
    Trail Steward - Illiniwek; Web Director

Quote Originally Posted by Cascade_Effect View Post
    Is there anyone I could get in touch with to do some approved trail maintenance? I would love to reconnect some of the pieces!
    Stop by Healthy Habits in Bettendorf and talk to some of the guys there. Not sure if they check in on this forum very often.
    ⚒ Trails don't build themselves. ⚒

Will do! Thanks, Drew!
    2019 Kona Honzo DL