Thread: Jingle Cross 2019 - Iowa City Sat Sept. 14th

Board Position
    Trail Steward - Illiniwek; Web Director

Default Jingle Cross 2019 - Iowa City Sat Sept. 14th

Anyone else going to Jingle Cross this Saturday? Ever been? Any info that would be helpful for first timer?
    ⚒ Trails don't build themselves. ⚒

I am not sure if we are heading up this Saturday. We attended the last 3 or 4. Parking was easy (on the road or in a lot). Walking the whole course is easy. Beers at the bottom and at the top of the big hill called Krumpits- this is a fan favorite spot. In short, we have always had a great time.

Add and Walter

We went the first year it was UCI (I think it was the first year) and it is very cool. That year they cordoned off a bike path from downtown to the venue, so you could bar hop and then head over. They even had free, secured bike parking. Not sure if they still do that, but worth checking.
    Don't think we will make it this year. Too much going on, too little time. Say Hi to the Belgium TV guys for us. Thanks to the fine ICORR folks (and everyone else) that work so hard to put it on (you know who you are).

Go!

It’s a good time. If you’re going for one day only, for sure go Saturday for the World Cup races in the afternoon. Friday night races are a blast too, arguably more of a party than Saturday, just so much fun under the lights.

I recommend you do Friday night and Saturday afternoon. I’ll be there from noon tomorrow until Sunday night....

Rg.
    Haters gonna hate.

Board Position

A carload of us are coming Sat. afternoon; plan to be there from noon till 6pm. Leaving QC around 10:45am. We'll keep an eye out for you!

Quote Originally Posted by DH001 View Post
    A carload of us are coming Sat. afternoon; plan to be there from noon till 6pm. Leaving QC around 10:45am. We'll keep an eye out for you!
    Charlie, a couple others, and I are doing the Jingle Cross Gravel Grinder starting at 8AM and spending the afternoon there especially to see the World Cup races. It should be a fun day! Park at Terry Trueblood and ride your bikes over! They have a huge barn to store bikes1

Board Position

Jingle Cross was pretty cool! Definitely going again next year. Parking wasn't an issue like I thought it would be. Short walk to most parts of the course allows viewing at different features with enough time to get back to the start line to see the finish. Great atmosphere!

Great shots, like always! :)

Rg.
    Haters gonna hate.