Thread: Sunday July 21

Board Position
    President

Default Sunday July 21

We will be moving lumber down to the bridge site starting around 2 Saturday. Then on Sunday @9 we’ll start rebuilding resetting the large bridge. This will be an interesting feet. Someone might want to take video. All for the decking will be on site. Any luck we might be able to cross the water by the end of the day. Depending on how many show up and if we have weed eaters, I could send some to clear trail. Jumbo has several trees still down blocking that loop.

This is will be a good way to earn your dirt. See everyone Sunday.

AG
    You'd understand if you know what I was talking about.

AG - here's my summary from working out there on and off the last week and riding all the north section and Tarmac this morning. You probably know most of this already.

- north section is fully clear of any down trees and didn't notice any face slappers
    - short portions of north green loop need trimmed. Most of Canon needs trimmed
    - Tarmac is fully trimmed on the west wooded area. I need to finish the shorter wooded area to the east and there's a few face slappers. There's 2 down trees on the 2nd broadwalk. The grass section needs mowed
    - I haven't seen it, but I know someone trimmed about half of Jumbo on the 10th. He says there's 6 or 7 trees down

I was surprised on the condition of the north section. Much better than I thought it would be considering the conditions. Thanks to all those who've been putting in the time and work to get it rideable again.

I'll plan to be there earlier on Sunday morning to finish trimming Tarmac and will come over to turtle bridge when complete. If I can find the time, I'll come over on Saturday afternoon too.

Karl

Board Position
    President

Meeting at the recycling parking lot just passed the main entrance.

Board Position
    President

Thanks for the update Karl.

Board Position
    Vice President

Drew and I rode scott county last night after trail work. we were able to ride all trails with no stopping. no trees down. 80% or more was weed wacked . stuff that wasn't was passable just fine! we did not try to ride area 51.

Board Position
    Trail Steward - Illiniwek; Web Director

Trails were in really good shape given what they have been through! And some cool new ladder bridge features! Hats off to those running the trimmers. Photos from the workday: https://www.hansonphotodesign.com/scp-trailwork

⚒ Trails don't build themselves. ⚒