Thread: Kick Up and Kick Down Repairs - Saturday 5/11/19 @9am

Board Position
    Trail Steward - Sunderbruch

Default Kick Up and Kick Down Repairs - Saturday 5/11/19 @9am

This Saturday morning meet in the parking lot to help work on Kick Up and Down trails. If you show up after we're gone, walk up and you'll see us.

With all the rain we've had, there are areas that keep getting worse from constant water run off. The plan is to fix these sections with rock or replace drain tile that has been clogged up.

I already dropped off a load of rock at the bottom of Kick Down and we have more available up top if needed.

Depending on how much we get done with drainage work, the ladder bridges need a couple repairs along with areas of deberming.

If someone is interested in running the backpack leaf blower, I'll have it also.

Please come on out, even if you've not been to a trail day before.

Helpful tools: shovels, rogue hoes, and any other tool that could be used to dig dirt.

I'll have an extra flat shovel and a couple rogue hoes available.

You'll want long pants, work gloves, and sturdy shoes

Hope to see you out there!!
    2012 World DodgeTyre Champion

I have at least one maybe more volunteers from IBEW Local 145. That need community service hours for their pay raises. I can t make it Saturday due to a graduation. Can somebody verify hours for them back to me? THANKS SCOTT KIRKPATRCK. CHOP1869@GMAIL.COM
    Singletrack Sociopath
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I think you have to be a member to do trail work, due to insurance.
    "I've spent half of my life riding a bike, the other half I wasted!"

Default Volunteer

Hello. I am interested in helping volunteer with trail maintenance. I am 15 year old that needs service hours for school. Can I help with Sunderbrunch trail maintenance today? I got approval from my school to volunteer for QCFORC.

Correct me if I'm wrong but waivers are only needed? We cant get members out to trail work days, but were turning down help. The waivers were only needed in the Rock Island Forest Preserves according to the trail work blurb on this website or if you're not a member of Forc.
    Last edited by Chop1869; 05-11-2019 at 04:18 PM.
    Singletrack Sociopath
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Board Position
    Trail Steward - Illiniwek; Web Director

If you're a FORC member you can help at all trail days. If not, some land managers provide general volunteer waivers which would cover that specific property. RICFPD has made general volunteer waivers available to us (valid at Illiniwek & Dorrance) but I'm not sure about the other land managers. Like you said, we don't want to turn down any help since we struggle to find it in the first place. Trail stewards at each property would need to have park specific waivers on hand for non-FORC members if they wish to participate. Our club insurance policy only allows paying members to participate under our coverage.
    ⚒ Trails don't build themselves. ⚒