Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sco Co Pa Frenzie / Sco Co Pa Chase - July 18th & 19th

Default Sco Co Pa Frenzie / Sco Co Pa Chase - July 18th & 19th

Sco Co Pa Frenzie – Short Track Dirt Criterium – Saturday, July 18, 2009
    Sco Co Pa Chase – Cross Country Race – Sunday, July 19, 2009

Friends of Off-Road Cycling has been working tirelessly to create a new mountain biking venue for y’all to experience first hand. Introducing… SCO CO PA! With the cooperation of Scott County (Iowa) government officials and their park division, FORC was graciously allowed access to the beautiful Scott County Park in Parkview, IA in 2008 with authorization to build mountain biking trails for all to enjoy. We have been working hard out there and hope you like what you see. Be the first to race these new trails!

Not only will you enjoy the fast nature of the trails at Sco Co Pa, but we’ve sweetened the deal. Not only will we be hosting a cross country race which is part of the I-74 Homegrown Series, but add to the mix a short track criterium-style race. All this fun can be experienced by YOU during the weekend of July 18th and 19th, 2009. The short track "Sco Co Pa Frenzie" will be held on Saturday, July 18, 2009 with the first races beginning at 10:00 AM. The cross country race, the "Sco Co Pa Chase" will be held on Sunday, July 19, 2009 with the Novice race beginning at 10:00 AM.

Scott County Park is also home to a variety of other amenities such as a golf course, multiple picnic shelters with tables, grills and/or fireplaces, five unique camping areas throughout the park with modern restrooms and showers, several cabins available for rent, a recently renovated Olympic-size heated swimming pool and aquatic center, a baseball field, several playgrounds, a radio-controlled airplane site, and hike-only and equestrian-only nature trails. Winter activities at Scott County Park include cross-country skiing and snow shoeing.

Scott County Park is located nine miles North of Davenport, Iowa. Use exit #129 from U.S. Highway 61. The entrance to the park is located on 270th Street.

Phone the park at (563) 328-3282 for trail closure information. Please visit www.scottcountyiowa.com/conservation/scottco.php for information about Scott County Park.

I wanna ride!

Default Race Fee

My son would race in junior sport and myself Novice old ladies....so how much is the fee's and can we sign up the morning of race? Is this race running rain or shine? We are coming from 2hrs away....are you going to use this forum to post up to the minute weather conditions and cancellations?? Thanks Christine

Quote Originally Posted by chris lofton View Post
    My son would race in junior sport and myself Novice old ladies....so how much is the fee's and can we sign up the morning of race? Is this race running rain or shine? We are coming from 2hrs away....are you going to use this forum to post up to the minute weather conditions and cancellations?? Thanks Christine
    Fees and the rest of the race info can be found on our race page: http://www.qcforc.org/index.php?opti...d=60&Itemid=66

The rangers out at ScoCoPa control whether the trails are open or closed, so we don't have as much leeway as we did at the Sylvan race. Up-to-date details are always posted on the forum though. :)

Default registration volunteers for ScoCoPa

If anyone is interested in helping w/registration, then please let me know. We will need folks for the 8am-11.30am shift and the 11.30am-2.15pm shift on Saturday, and for the 8am-10.45am shift and the 10.45am-1.30pm shift on Sunday. Food and trinkets provided.
    thanks,
    Karen
    dalilsplash@mchsi.com

Sorry Karen, I cannot help with this race. We have a family shower for our son/soon to be daughter in law. In fact, Rick and I will not be out there as much as we would like, due to family obligations for BOTH days!

THIS IS KILLING RICK!!!

Momma Joan :cool:

Default Rick & Joan's lack of foresight

Gee willikers, Joan! Did you not foresee this race date 20-some years ago? Now it is all about the family, and spending time with them, instead of the really important things! What were you & Rick thinking back then? No, wait, don't tell me-I DO NOT want to know the details! :eek:
    Well, OK then, I guess we'll see you two when you make your cameo appearance.

Couple of questions about the short track race:

1. Is the course going to be only on the grass double track that weaves throughout the trails, or will there be single track as well?

2. Are cross bikes allowed?

Thanks!

Somewhere between over the handlebars and the nearest brewpub

There will be some singletrack mixed in with doubletrack. Cross bikes are allowed but they will not be an advantage on this course.
    SPLASH
    "This is grain, which any fool can eat, but for which the Lord intended a more divine means of consumption. Let us give praise to our Maker, and glory to His bounty, by learning about... BEER!" - Friar Tuck (Robin Hood - Prince of Thieves)
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Karen~~~You are a HOOT!

Momma Joan

Chuck Norris Guest

Karen,

Amy will do registration, as always, so count her in!

Mi mama and I will head-up the swag tent as usual, so that's covered as well.

Default newbie

I'm new to this stuff, I'm 38 yrs old and just got my first mountain bike about a month ago I'd like to try racing. Which class would I race, and whats the duration(time and or distance)whats the cost etc? Thanks. Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by two wheeler View Post
    I'm new to this stuff, I'm 38 yrs old and just got my first mountain bike about a month ago I'd like to try racing. Which class would I race, and whats the duration(time and or distance)whats the cost etc? Thanks. Steve.
    Cat3 (Novice) is the class for you. You will do 2 laps for a total of 10 miles.

Cost and the rest of the race info can be found on the race page: http://www.qcforc.org/index.php?opti...d=60&Itemid=66

Default some questions about the race

I'm just started riding a mountain bike last month and would like to try this race. What are the classes, will I be assigned a number, what is standard attire, what are the costs, , will there be beer drinking afterward, are there any questions I'm forgeting?

Quote Originally Posted by two wheeler View Post
    I'm just started riding a mountain bike last month and would like to try this race. What are the classes, will I be assigned a number, what is standard attire, what are the costs, , will there be beer drinking afterward, are there any questions I'm forgeting?
    Classes can be found on the race page that has already been posted above. Most people start out in Cat3 (Novice), but some go straight to Cat2 (Sport). That all depends on your physical ability (aka, did you come from road riding...)

Yes, you will be assigned a number and a chip for timing.

Standard attire is whatever you feel comfortable riding your bike in. Required attire is a HELMET.

No, we do not drink beer in this club. Beer is the devil. --->
    Last edited by SweetSVT99; 07-07-2009 at 04:58 PM.

This club NOT drink beer? Steve you are hilarious!!!
    Momma Joan

What Steve meant is we don't drink beer in MODERATION!

Even I had a beer last week! Whoo hoo!

MJ

Thanks for the info, I didn't realize my first post started a 2nd page I just thought it didnt work thats why I asked pretty much the same questions twice me and teh InTroNeTs don't always get along.

Board Position
    President

After our pre-race meeting with the ranger Saturday morning, I took a drive around the parks camp grounds to see what the availability looks like this time of year. It didn't seem like we will have a problem getting a site for the weekend. Keeping in mind that they do not take reservations. Also remember the Sac-Fox camp ground, you can have up to 10 tents on site, $11 a night, play ground, bathrooms,showers and pavilion with fireplace.
    The pool/aquatic center is only $3 for adults and 2 for children and is directly across from our race staging area.

The SCP trail care crew will be out this week cleaning up the trails and doing what we can to make this a great race.
    Last edited by AG; 07-12-2009 at 10:41 PM.
    You'd understand if you know what I was talking about.

I will have tent. Any word on if someone can get me a nice flat spot w/ shade by the restrooms (for the 2 little ones)?
    Ya didn't see me do it. Ya can't prove it!

Board Position
    President

Quote Originally Posted by iLuvTechnical View Post
    I will have tent. Any word on if someone can get me a nice flat spot w/ shade by the restrooms (for the 2 little ones)?
    no
    You'd understand if you know what I was talking about.

Quote Originally Posted by AG View Post
    no

I just figured out what was different lately....

This Forum had a much NICER and FRIENDLIER feel while AG was on vacation. I guess he must be back:(
    Well, all good things must come to an end

23. Default

Looking at driving up Saturday from Peoria with two kids (11 and 13) and camping. Anyone gonna have their kids out Saturday night and is there a kids race after the novice race on Sunday?

Default kikd's race

sorry, no kid's race at ScoCoPa on either day.

Quote Originally Posted by steener View Post
    Looking at driving up Saturday from Peoria with two kids (11 and 13) and camping. Anyone gonna have their kids out Saturday night and is there a kids race after the novice race on Sunday?
    I will have my 10 and 9 year olds w/ me.