Thread: No Chick Left Behind MTB Ride - Wed 6/27/18 5:45 PM Westbrook Park

Default No Chick Left Behind MTB Ride - Wed 6/27/18 5:45 PM Westbrook Park

A few ladies have expressed interest in a beginner's MTB ride, so we are doing it! This mtn bike ride will be a NO CHICK LEFT BEHIND (you won't be left in the dust), and as we encounter interesting sections along the trail, we will session until everyone has had their fill of it. This is a reschedule from 6/20/18 rainout.

When? Wednesday, June 27, 2018 5:45 PM
    Where? Westbrook Park, Dewitt, IA

Westbrook Park is an excellent trail system for beginners -- there aren't any significant climbs or technical challenges, and the trail system is short with multiple bail-out points. If you have wanted to mountain bike but have been concerned about riding by yourself, now is your opportunity!

What to bring?
    A mtn bike in working order
    Helmet
    Riding gloves
    Water
    Bug spray if you so choose

Disclaimer: Mountain biking involves riding in the woods where riders may encounter rough terrain and obstacles such as roots, rocks, steep descents and climbs, and other technical trail features. By attending this event, you acknowledge there are risks inherent to the activity and that you are participating at your own risk.
    I wanna ride!

Just checking to see if this ride is still on or being moved to Sylvan Island? There are a few ladies over this way that are interested in learning!!!

thanks!
    Riding faster isn't better. Riding better is better.

Ladies, Dave Deke went out to Westbrook today and checked the trails. They are too wet in the lower sections to ride today thanks to recent torrential rains, so we need to reschedule our ride. There has been some discussion about doing a NCLB ride for those who have Independence day off work at 2 PM. And, I will check my calendar for our evening reschedule date. I will psot the 7/4/18 ride later this evening. And, if you want to do something fun today, the taco ride is happening tonight on the Illinois side. The ride leaves the Celebration Bell parking lot at 5:30 PM and goes to Rapids City with a stop at Empire Park. The total mileage round trip I believe is 20 miles and is done at a casual pace.
    I wanna ride!