Thread: Red Rock

Default Red Rock

I'm going to Las Vegas at the end of the month I was wondering where to go at Red Rock to ride.

Wherever there is trouble, you will find me.

Sorry, Brother- I've ridden the Reno area but not Vegas...

I've always had the best luck starting at the bike shops. If you find a mechanic that is a mountain biker, that Dewd will have great info on where the local trail joy is stored.

Also- http://www.nerverush.com/best-mountain-biking-trails/

Believe in yourself? Well sure, of course. But be aware that "believing in myself" has been the root cause of most of my injuries.
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"I feel sorry for people who don't do this." -Badfish41- after bombing the Hermosa's at Levis Trow.

I was there in early May last year and road the trail system by Blue Diamond near Bonnie Springs. Trails were easy to find using the Mountain Bike Project App. There is a small bike shop in Blue Diamond next to a convenience store. Trail access is in Blue Diamond about 3 block south of the bike shop on the edge of town. You can also access the trails from the highway 160. It was hot! The guy at the bike shop said this was pretty much the end of their season and people didn't ride much in the summer due to the heat. I go there late and rode Saturday from noon to 5. I only saw one other person. Early in the morning, Sunday more people were out. Bring all the water you can carry!

Trails were nice and flowy. No man-made skinnys or anything. Good hills and fun drops/climbs in and out of arroyos. The joshua tree covered in rubber ducky's is cool and and old wrecked car associated with Bonnie and Clyde I think. A few short sections with doll head size rocks, I didn't love. Very nice trail system and enough to keep you busy for a day easy. I didn't ride any other trails in the area, so don't have much to compare to. I stayed at the Bonnie Springs Ranch, which worked out really well. It is fairly cheap, just a few miles from the trails, has a restaurant and Bar with good craft beer on site and as a bonus there is a petting zoo!

Thanks a lot for the info can't wait to get down there

Thanks for the info can't wait to get down there