Thread: Eagle Point Trails

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Eagle Point Trails

Hey guys, wanted help spreading the word and hopefully get you guys to come ride up here sometime.

My good friend that started all this is unable to handle things with the project due to life matters and other commitments. So in his words '' The baton has been passed" to me. Now I'm kicking things into high gear to get some good trails finished here.

There has been a single loop (with one blue decent that's fun as hell if you like a challenge) for the last couple years that I've been maintaining for/with HPL. Storms last year did some damage making one section very difficult to ride and I am hoping to get a new line cut in next week so hikers and bikers have a safe way through. Only section I couldn't easily repair and required rerouting.

These ARE shared trails with equestrians but do not be alarmed. They are not choppy trails, solid trail bed etc. They have been on board with the project. I am yet to actually cross one while riding since we opened these.

Signage is not complete, is first thing on my list as I have the materials in hand. Will have that mostly done, even some just temp markers, next week.

Now we are expanding. Learned a lot from helping out on our (FORC) trails. We also have more of the park available to us than the horses are allowed to use. But step one is finishing planned shared use singletrack first then move out to the other areas from there.

Also plans to add in a loop so even the smallest kids on striders can ride trail is coming soon. It's the final part of Stage 1. Stage 2 I'll be kidnapping Drew and whoever else I can find to help me plan and lay out the trail so we up here have worthy trails.

I have learned of 3 other riders up here, gotten to know them, but expect there are more up this way. Plus Fred and Amy over in Sterling-Rockfalls.

Pass the word, if your reading this and live north of the QCA and want to help out on trail work, let me know. BUT MAKE SOME TIME TO COME RIDE UP HERE. May not be 10 miles of trails yet, but they are fun and offer some challenging climbs. Not mention some AMAZING views of the river from the top of the northern bluffs. Then too you all can throw some feedback our way as things progress.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Tigris99; 05-04-2018 at 10:28 PM.