The Holzacksterbahn has now been rebuilt! Mike -the guy with access to wood- read the above post and called me up and we got'er done. Reports are that the new and improved Holzacksterbahn is longer, smoother, rolls better and is a pleasure to ride. Now that this obstacle has been rebuilt, we will be considering whether it can be in the novice/juniors race or if it needs to be routed around for that race only. If you ride novice/junior- go check it out and let us know what you think!! I or Mandy G. (Race Director) will be glad to have your input!

It looks like the freeze/thaw cycle is coming back this week, but the Island seems to be holding up nicely. By afternoons, the trails should be back to good. We'll be watching conditions closer this week as we get closer to the race. From Thursday on- Please keep an eye on the trail open/closed indicator. If we get rain or other weirdness we may ask peeps to hold back on the riding as this close to the race we want to be able to limit some of the short term rutting that happens.

Also- Many other items on the list have been completed. I'll be on the island Friday afternoon (Weather permitting) and we'll be doing race course setup on Saturday if you want to help. Stay tuned to this forum for times and more info as it develops. Weather is playing games with us- but this race happens this Sunday!

-Vibrato