Last night was great on a fatty- skinny was ok but less fun. If you can get your fat on before the rain today you'll have a great ride!!

The solid base is exposed in some places (that's good) and still under the couple inches of partly dirtified vegetation that has accumulated over the last few years in other places. Don't confuse the tracks from walkers, dogs, bikes, etc in this "almost dirt" as trail damage. This stuff will be pushed off the hard pack trail bed fairly quickly and the bed will resurface. Riding the last couple days seems to be helping that process and its a good thing.

As always, any real damage requires real labor to correct. If there are any spots that need it after this 1st few months of riding- we'll get after it.

In the next couple weeks, Watch for a list of small projects that we'd like to have done before the race. This isn't trail damage repair so much as it is maintenance we do every year prior to the race to make the trails as good as they can be. When I get it posted, anyone with trail experience should feel free to take them on. Let Krud, Bex or I know you're handling it and go to town. We trust your judgment, its just dirt- it can be massaged to perfect if it's not quite there the 1st time.

The shingle bridge was put in -I'm guessing- 10-12 years ago as a temporary fix the day before a race. Amazing that it is still there but it's about done. I hope to have a new shingle bridge in this weekend. Call me nostalgic, but I don't want a standard ladder bridge. THIS bridge needs to be shingled!! If we don't get it done this weekend- it's Kurt and Megs fault!!

Happy trails!!