Thread: Special Favor Request, need an old Jersey:

Default Special Favor Request, need an old Jersey:

So its tradition for me to fab up a yard decoration for Xmas. Last year I made one of the big light trees and a big star on top.

This year I decided on something interesting......

I have a old BBox MTB frame, wheels, and such. Enough to make a functional LOOKING 26" bike.

Fabing up a Santa, not a big deal, but.....

NO JERSEY FOR HIM. Got an old helmet, old shoes, shorts.....

So Im asking, does ANYONE have an old jersey (if its old FORC jersey its a plus!!!) thats cheap/free?????

They do have a small contest for decorating here so this will be something NO ONE else will have hehe, yes I go mildly nuts decorating for Xmas.

And of course Pics to follow as Ill start on it next week and should be done the weekend after Thanksgiving.

And of course Pics to follow

well pics coming as I do the project sorry, hehe

Default Pics

As promised, PICS!!!

Ok day 1: Get materials to start the building.

-got bike parts gathered (tires are there just not in pic)

-paint for bike frame

-PVC tubing and couplings needed to build Santas "Skeleton"

-Santa Hat and Beard (using Spider web from halloween for the beard but youll see why later)

-pantyhose to give appearance of base layers

-Trash bags and stuffing to "fill out" Santa cause he aint skinny

-Shoes, Helmet and such are inside the closet atm but have them ready as well

Still need: Jersey (maybe, if I cant get one will use old work shirt made of similar design and material, just stensil/paint logos) LIGHTS!!! Comes later, costs a bit and gotta find a way to get chasers for the wheels, not so easy to find these days.

Probably more I will remember/realize I need as I go along but heres pics of everything to start out:

PS: Yes he even gets suspension forks, old set of RS Indy CLs that I used to have on my old bike, dont ask how Im going to get it into the little ass head tube on that frame but itll happen hehe.
    Last edited by Tigris99; 11-12-2012 at 04:04 PM.

this is awesome!
    "ya, well...that's like...your...opinion. man."

Ok forks are masked off and frame is stripped and cleaned. Mask the frame then time for paint!!!

OK frame and fork painted. no pic of the frame cause paint gotta cure till tomorrow night before I even consider pulling the tape off.

But heres the fork, hard to see in pic but stripe is green. Oh and did a test fit of the forcs before I masked and painted......they will fit as long as I dont put a headset it, steerer jsut barely fits inside head tube hehe, BUT IT WORKS!

Tomorrow you get to see paint on frame before I assemble most of it. Trying to decide if I have the motivation to try and make it so the "name" of the bike lights up from inside the frame. Its old school steel so not going to be easy. Basically get stickers for layout and drill a million little holes lol, then try to get xmas lights up inside the down tube.... Ill decide by tomorrow cause I gotta do that part before I move on to building Santa.

PS: I found an old pair of tinted safety glasses that will look cool as **** for Santas riding glasses!!!!

Frame is painted! It came out AWESOME!!!

I decided stripes on forks are too thin, going to remask to paint them wider, make them as wide as the ones on the frame though considering turning them green with white stripes....
    Last edited by Tigris99; 11-13-2012 at 06:18 PM.

Ok Frame and forks done, seatpost bars and crankset are drying now. ALMOST TIME to start on Santa. Decided against making the frame light up inside being as I seemed to have lost the bits for my dremel that i need to do it, and not about to do it with a regular drill, lol.

Last edited by Tigris99; 11-13-2012 at 11:33 PM.

And now the first trial fit of everything. Should have it finished tomorrow and be starting on Santa:

And Santas now able to ride in style!!! If I freed up hubs and crank its rideable kinda, no headset cause frame is for 1" steerer and those forks are 1 1/8, just barely squeezed in, but everything is hooked up properly hehe.

SON OF A SEA BISCUIT, I MISS COUNTED HOW MANY 90deg JOINTS I NEEDED!!!!

However, still looks bada** so far, Ill get the 90s after work and get the skeleton finished, then on to wire forming face and midsection, stuff the legs and arms and get his outfit set up, some logos painted on his jersey!!!

That's lookin' pretty cool!

Ok next batch of pics, I scare myself sometimes this is coming out looking freaking awesome!!!

Even being made using LED light strands so he'll glow from the inside but wont ignite the stuffing.

Aight I was taking progress pics but since I was a couple days behind schedual on this I just made the push to get it done. So here you go:

Rope Light installed on frame

Upper body done

Wire Frame work for head

Riding Glasses hehe

16. Default

Fabing up a Santa, not a big deal

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    |
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.