Quote Originally Posted by mtnbkn1 View Post
wait, I'm 5'7 and rockin' a medium. Did I size my bike wrong??
Its on the bigger side, but some people like bigger bikes and some like smaller, if you feel like it fits well, then your fine.

To the OP I just went through the same thing, but on a Full Suspension, I went to every shop rode the bikes really only Trek, GF, and Giant are around here and coming from a Hardtail Specialized that I loved. I wanted to try a Specialized also, and the only people who carry them are HH, but they dont really stock to many. Also, I wanted a 2008 also, just b/c for the must part nothing really changed you can just get a much better deal, so everything Im describing are 08 bikes not 09 and FS not hardtails.

After looking at riding them all and looking at MTBR.com reviews and forums, GF seemed to have the worse reviews, about quality/ broken frames, and the customer sevrice wasnt to good, so I kind of crossed that off the list, but the rest all had good reviews.

Giant was a real nice bike just $$$, I dont know if their frames are that much better, but the same setup componets wise on the trek and specialized were 700-800 more, I crossed that off.

So between the Specialized and Trek I really liked both so I went with the better deal which was Specialized, by about a 150 bucks. I actually got it in Madison, Wi at Erik's Bikes, which isnt a big deal for me b/c Im in Milwaukee around once or twice a month a can drop it off on the weekend to get anything fix or tuned up I need. They also have a lifetime warranty on every componet on the bike, which I liked. Also if you are interested in going that far, they have about 100-150 mountain bikes there and about 1/2 are 08s so you can get a good deal on them I got mine for about 900 off the price due to being an 08.

Now, Im waiting like a kid on christmas for the trails to open, so I can go ride, since I just brought the bike home about 2 hours ago.

-Brandon