WOW -- what a difficult challenge!

11 hours start to finish, almost 85 miles in beating sun, brutal humidity and 90F+ temps, the inaugural FORCn Duro will not soon to be forgotten.

Excellent job by the SAG chief Mandy Porter (G-beck), my wife Amber, Megan, Jordan, THE Browns, SteveO and everyone else!
It could NOT have been done without their support - check these SAG numbers:
2 gallons coffee, 25+ gallons of water/gatorade, 10 lbs bananas, 5 lbs grapes, 3 pineapples, 4 packs cookies and 36 bagels consumed, plus lunch & many assorted beverages along the route.

Big thanks to the Grove Tap opening at 11AM just for us, normally 3pm daily -- great place to stop for ice cold draft + burger after a WBP or SCP ride.

Remarkable job by all persons attempting the Duro!
Demanding heat/humidity conditions forced many to make the smart and very respectable decision of knowing when to say when -- there were ZERO heat casualties.

Over 40 riders did parts of the Duro; 26 signing up to attempt the whole course, in the end these 11 persons completed everything (please let me know if I missed anyone):
  • Matt Collier
  • Len Guldenpfennig
  • Drew Hanson
  • Fred Johnson
  • Vonda Johnston
  • Brian Kingsbury
  • Michael Kinney
  • Ray Nees
  • Ryan Neipert
  • Ry Schultz
  • Chris True

Congratulations to all whom rode part or all of the route, and HUGE THANKS to the entire support team, the inaugural FORCn Duro was a stellar success!