Thread: Get Out and Trail Volunteers Needed - Sat. May 9th 9am to 1pm @ IFP & SBP

Board Position
    Trail Steward - Illiniwek; Web Director

Default Get Out and Trail Volunteers Needed - Sat. May 9th 9am to 1pm @ IFP & SBP

As mentioned at the meeting, FORC will be hosting two stations for the Get Out and Trail [G.O.A.T.] event put on by a few local parks departments.

When: Saturday May 9th from 9:00 am to 1:00 pm

Where: One station will be at Sunderbruch Park (SBP) in Davenport, IA and the other at Illiniwek (IFP) in Hampton, IL near the campground entrance.

Why: The goal of the event is to get people out and interested in local parks and trails and promote FORC in the process.

How you can help: We need a few volunteers to man the stations during this short event. All you need to bring is a chair. Duties will include handing out bottled water, snacks, and raffle tickets to participants and spreading the word about what FORC is and does.

Mandy is heading up the SBP station but I don't know what she has planned (she will probably post post them here).

I'll be setting up the IFP station at 8:30am and plan on being there for the duration of the event. Post up if you want to help out at either of the locations. There will be riding involved afterwards at IFP if the trails are open so bring your bike.

In the event of rain the 2015 G.O.A.T. will be cancelled. To my knowledge, there isn't a rain date scheduled.

Board Position
    Event Coordinator / Race Director

Will also have G.O.A.T station set-up at SBP. Set-up 8:30 event is 9:00am - 1:00pm. I will be there for duration. Volunteers would be great at either location to keep Drew and I company.
    Get Out and Trail (G.O.A.T) is an event to encourage people in the Quad Cities to get out and check out the local trails. Whether it be by Biking, Hiking, Running, Walking...ect
    Great opportunity to grab the family and G.O.A.T!

I can help at IPF
    "I've spent half of my life riding a bike, the other half I wasted!"