Thread: First time racer

Default First time racer

Hi FORCers, I am Lauren and joined via the website a few weeks ago after a few nice people I met at Sunderbruch told me to check it out. Anyway I signed up for the Thrill Ride (novice) this Sunday and this is my first ever bike race so I don't know what to expect. Just wondering what to bring (drivers license?) and how early before race I need to get there to check in and things like that... Also I assume course will be marked but will it be easy for me to know where I should be going vs taking wrong trail meant for other categories of racers? Sorry about all the questions, just getting nervous as it approaches!

Novice begins at 9am. Registration is open at 7:30. Have DL with you. We will close novice registration about 8:30 so be there prior to that. The trails will be marked at intersections with yellow tape. We try to mark anywhere someone could go off course. I will be there early so feel free to ask around for me I can take you up prior to race just to give you an idea of the course and what all goes down. Have fun and hope to see you. Paul

Quote Originally Posted by fewdfreak View Post
    Hi FORCers, I am Lauren and joined via the website a few weeks ago after a few nice people I met at Sunderbruch told me to check it out. Anyway I signed up for the Thrill Ride (novice) this Sunday and this is my first ever bike race so I don't know what to expect. Just wondering what to bring (drivers license?) and how early before race I need to get there to check in and things like that... Also I assume course will be marked but will it be easy for me to know where I should be going vs taking wrong trail meant for other categories of racers? Sorry about all the questions, just getting nervous as it approaches!
    Tip #1: Don't try to do too much.
    Tip #2: Enjoy the ride!

Welcome!
    Dirt Don't Hurt