Thread: Note from Will -Muskegon MI Winter Sports Complex

Default Note from Will -Muskegon MI Winter Sports Complex

Hello FORCers- Will Cummins here hoping you are all doing well. Possible MI beach roadtrip? For something non mt biking? A shamefull idea... Ive been living the good life of a xc ski bum for the last couple of months and wanted to share this incredible area and place with you: the Muskegon Winter Sports Complex- it has one of only 3 LUGE tracks in the country- hitting a banked ice berm at 35 mph is a good thing I tell you. Its also right across the street from one of the most beautiful beaches in the country. Ice skating through the trees, hockey, xc skiing and skate skiing (my favorite). snowshoeing, ice fishing?, snow camping, yurt renting, party tent renting, taking unbelievable pictures, and yes, some fat biking goes on here as well. Of course there are a couple breweries in the area and some good places to eat. Just throwing it out in case ya'll would be interested in a roadtrip, possible to accomodate a slumber weekend party if timing worked out (I have almost no furniture) but they have things called hotels as well here. Conditions are good for snow and ice type things currently, but there is always something you could do.
    http://www.msports.org/snowstatus ???
    http://www.msports.org/snowstatus

I'd send incredible pictures but cant figure out how to post, somebody could email me if interested. Will

What's up Will? Long time no see, what happen with the Chicago job? Sounds like a great place to visit, what's the summer time like up there?

JB
    "I've spent half of my life riding a bike, the other half I wasted!"

Hey JB- Needed to make some changes, so why not go xc skiing every day while you do that, right? The summer is beyond nice- the beaches 10 min from my place are nationally ranked, some folks are fat biking the beach year round, not a huge amount of mt biking unless you go to Grand Rapids, but if you like flat fast road biking in packs its good for that. Sailing, windsurfing, kiteboarding, paddleboarding with surf, camping adjacent to the beach, blah blah. Definitely could do worse. The lake finally warms up in July if the beach is what you are looking for. Dont know if I'll be here long term, so wanted to throw out an invite in case you guys want to check it out while it still is cold and luging is still available. Otherwise keep the area in mind if you are looking for great beaches. All the best to you guys! Will