For this week's project we will be continuing work on the remaining posts for the switchberm and starting on the next set of posts. Setting the 6x6 posts is at least a 3 person job. Meet at the upper south lot for all work sessions.

Tuesday (11/18) & Wednesday (11/19) @ 3:30 - 5:15 pm
I'll have all necessary tools for these days and just need a few people to help maneuver posts as we level them. All holes were dug Sunday but may require a bit of enlarging. If everything goes to plan, we should be able to get the remaining 8 posts set over these days.

Bring a headlight to these weeknight days if you have one. We may be hiking out as it is getting dark.

Saturday (11/22) @ 10:00am (and possibly Sunday too?)
The plan is to start digging holes and setting the posts for the second berm structure. These are all 4x4 posts and won't be nearly as difficult as the previous structure.
Tools which would be super handy to have on this day:
  • Wheelbarrow
  • A couple man powered post hole diggers (clam shell type) and post hole spades
  • Laser Level for establishing grade reference line
  • Generator (+1400W)
  • Skill Saw (at least 2" depth of cut)
  • Gas powered post hole auger (8")
  • Impact driver (we'll actually get to use one this time ;-))

I'll check the ground Friday evening to see if it is still soft enough for digging holes and post an update. In the worst case, we'll resort to the brute force method. I have a rock bar that can break through a few inches of frost to get to unfrozen dirt.

Post up if you can make it to any of these days and if you can bring any of the tools listed above.