Thread: 2015 FORC Officer Elections

Default 2015 FORC Officer Elections

With our year coming to a close, it is once again time to hold elections! Remember FORC can't survive without having a strong core of leaders and volunteers, and serving on the Board is a great way to be both!

All elected officer positions are up for election, if you or someone you know might be a good fit, don't afraid to throw your (or their) hat in the ring. Here are the positions, along with their descriptions and duties:

5.01 ELECTED OFFICERS
    The elected officers of the corporations shall be the President, Vice President, Secretary, Treasurer, Web Director, Race Director, Insurance Manager, and Public Relations Manager. The membership may elect or appoint such other officers, as it shall deem desirable, such officers to have the authority and, perform the duties prescribed, from time to time, by the membership. Any two (2) or more offices may be held by the same person, except the offices of President and Secretary.
    5.01.1 PRESIDENT
    The President’s duties include organizing and setting the agenda for board and general membership meetings, promoting trails and other land use issues, trail maintenance, race promotion and other responsibilities determined by agreement with the other officers.
    5.01.2 VICE PRESIDENT
    The Vice President’s duties include membership issues, fundraising, and other responsibilities determined by agreement with the other officers. The Vice President will also support the duties of the president.
    5.01.3 TREASURER
    The Treasurer’s duties include bookkeeping, making payments and deposits, keeping an updated list of members, their addresses and email addresses and other responsibilities determined by agreement with the other officers.
    5.01.4 SECRETARY
    The Secretary’s duties include keeping minutes of the monthly meetings, and other responsibilities by agreement with the other officers.
    5.01.5 WEB DIRECTOR
    The Web Director’s duties include website maintenance and design, and other responsibilities by agreement with the other officers.
    5.01.6 RACE DIRECTOR
    The Race Director is responsible for race promotion, schedule, timing, general awards, and other responsibilities. The Race Director will work with the appropriate Trail Steward to set up the race course. The race purse will be determined by the Board of Directors and distributed by the Treasurer.
    5.01.7 PUBLIC RELATIONS MANAGER
    The Public Relations Manager is responsible for new member promotion, media contacts, press releases, and other responsibilities by agreement with the other officers.
    5.01.8 INSURANCE MANAGER
    The Insurance Manager is responsible for all aspects of club liability and insurance issues, and other responsibilities by agreement with the other officers.

If you wish to nominate someone, post in this thread. If you prefer not to make your nomination public, send me a PM and I will post it for you.

Per our Bylaws, elections will be at the JANUARY 2015 Membership Meeting with newly elected Officers taking their respective office immediately.
    Last edited by SweetSVT99; 11-04-2014 at 05:55 PM.

Current Nominations:

President:
    -Paul Struck

Vice President:
    -Russ Bardsley

Treasurer:
    -Sergio Mendoza

Secretary:

Web Director:
    -Drew Hanson

Race Director:
    -Tara Zelle

PR Manager:
    -Mandy Griesenbeck

Insurance Manager:
    Last edited by SweetSVT99; 11-06-2014 at 06:25 AM.

I nominate Vonda J. for treasurer and Andy (squirrel) for Secretary.
    I may have to grow old, but I'll never have to grow up.

Quote Originally Posted by Russhole View Post
    I nominate Vonda J. for treasurer and Andy (squirrel) for Secretary.
    YES, great choices!

Board Position
    Trail Steward - Illiniwek; Web Director

I'll nominate myself for web director again next year.

Vonda has graciously declined the nomination.

New nom for Treasurer. Surgio M.

I would gladly accept the nomination for treasurer and can write grants all day son!

Quote Originally Posted by Surge View Post
    I would gladly accept the nomination for treasurer and can write grants all day son!

I nominate Eric Perry for Insurance Guy