Thread: Tubeless or not

Default Tubeless or not

After riding Scott County Park several times over the weekend, strongly considering going the tubeless route. Any thoughts on this would be appreciated.

Board Position
    President

Do it. never a flat at SCP with tubless
    You'd understand if you know what I was talking about.

definitely recommend tubeless.

imagine this: after a 3 hour drive with 5 of your buddies, you arrive at the trailhead. inspecting your bike, you realize you have a *thorn* sticking out of your tire. you didn't pack a spare tire or a single tube even though you're about to ride a trail with enough rocks and roots to rattle every single one of your teeth out of your skull. BUT, since you are running a tubeless setup, it doesn't matter if you leave the thorn in or pull it out; the substance in the tire has sealed the hole up, allowing you an afternoon of riding bliss.

I am a huge believer in tubeless setups (although I'm currently running tubes on my 29er...go figure...)

...just my $.02
    Last edited by jimithng23; 05-28-2009 at 09:48 PM.

I'll give up my tubes when you pry them from my cold, dead fingers!

Rg.
    Haters gonna hate.

I just went tubeless on my Giant Anthem....and I have had no problems. However I still pack at least two spare tubes because you never know when you may need them. It happened to a buddy. We were about 20 miles out on a shuttle ride in the mountain and he got a double flat in both tubless tires. Come to find out, the Stans had dried up. Then he realized that he didn't have any tubes either, because he was running tubless. Fortunately for him, I was carrying three spares (1 for each wheel and a spare for the spare). Safe to say, 20 mins later we were able to continue on our most epic ride without have to walk someone out.