Thread: Brother from another *ORC ;)

Default Brother from another *ORC ;)

Hello, QC riders!

I'm kicking myself for not brining my bike down this trip from MN. I've been active in MORC (www.morcmtb.org) for many years and started building a trail in southern, rural MN (http://www.morcmtb.org/photopost/sho...ry.php?cat=558) when my wife, kid and I recently moved. My parents have been living in Davenport for 5 years or so now and I think the last I ever checked was a couple years ago and Sugar Bottom was the closest singletrack anyone knew of (still never been).

But, now I see there's one just a couple miles from my parent's house right here in Davenport that's 5 miles! RAWK! Next time I bring my daughter down to visit her grandparents I'll pack the Surly, too. Guess I now know where to post when I'm looking for someone to give me a tour of the trail! That'll probably be some weekend in the beginning of June.

Wherever there is trouble, you will find me.

Doood, you post a ride in the "lets ride" forum, about a hundred people get an e-mail telling them your going to go ride!

It's pretty rare when you have to ride alone around here!!

Believe in yourself? Well sure, of course. But be aware that "believing in myself" has been the root cause of most of my injuries.
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"I feel sorry for people who don't do this." -Badfish41- after bombing the Hermosa's at Levis Trow.

Rawk!

Who knows, I may even volunteer for trail work some trip down if the mood strikes me. I was helping my dad pick up his new gas grill from the Home Depot in ... uh, not sure if it was actually Davenport or Bettendorf. While there I saw a Maddock for sale for $32 and started drooling. I also was eying up the hillside on my parents small yard for bench cutting.

Maybe I need a break from trail building?

By the way, out of curiosity did the trails right within the QC area not exist just a few years ago? I'm wondering if I somehow just missed them at first or if they're actually that new. My parents moved here about 5 years ago and I did some searching on-line at that time for Iowa singletrack but only seemed to find Sugar Bottom then.

Sylvan Island has been around quite some time.

Sunderbruch Park has been around for roughly 4 years.

Scott County Park has had trails for quite some time. Just within the last year and a half has FORC become significantly involved in trail restoration and trail building at Sco Co Pa.

Another place people rode back in the day was Loud Thunder out in Illinois City.
    I wanna ride!