Thread: IFP Trailwork: Race Prep -Thurs. 6/5 & Fri. 6/6 @ 5:30pm

Board Position
    Trail Steward - Illiniwek; Web Director

Default IFP Trailwork: Race Prep -Thurs. 6/5 & Fri. 6/6 @ 5:30pm

We are going to be working Thursday and Friday this week at 5:30 to get the trails trimmed and take care of a few other maintenance items before the race. There will also be a little time Saturday evening during course setup if we don't get everything done.

Thursday [6/5]:
    Meet in the parking lot on the upper South Loop near the salt dome and we will concentrate on that side of the park.

Friday [6/6]:
    We will hit the North Loop and meet at the lower trailhead just off of IL-84 across from the campground.

Tools Needed:
    String trimmers (I have 2), pruners, loppers, pruning saws, etc. There will be plenty of rogue hoes and shovels available.

Let me know if you can make it.

I don't have any tools but will be there Thursday and Friday.

I will be there Thursday. I don't have a weed wacker, but I do have loppers that I will bring. I am willing to run one of the two weed wackers you've got.
    I wanna ride!

I'll be there Friday.

Board Position

I had a few hours to burn tonight and went out to do a bit of drainage work on the trails. The mosquitoes and gnats were ferocious. Bring your best bug juice! Long sleeves and pants should help as well. An insect head net might also be a good idea (seriously).

Drew, I'm likely not going to make it tonight and will shoot for tomorrow night instead. Krud's dad passed away and the visitation is tonight. I plan to go after work.
    http://www.qconline.com/archives/qco....php?id=683756
    I wanna ride!

Ill be there tomorrow. Gonna get there around 4 and get sone riding and running in first. If any wants to join me come on out!

Board Position

Steve, the ranger hasn't opened the trails yet and it doesn't look like they are going to open them today.

:(

I really need some practice on that hill. Lol

Board Position

Thanks for the help tonight everyone. Please post your hours in this thread: 2014 Illiniwek Volunteer Hour Log

The South Loop has been throughly trimmed and prepped. Tomorrow we will be hitting the North Loop with the same treatment.

The mosquitoes are still bad and if you get a chance, pickup a head net from Walmart, Kmart, Farm & Fleet, etc. They are located in the camping section and at only $3 are worth every penny.

Neckermann, the trails will be opening at 8am Friday.

Thanks everyone!

the browns will be there tonight, dressed like bee keepers.

Board Position

It sounds like we have enough people to take care of the remaining trimming on the north loop tonight and there doesn't seem to be as much to do on that end as the south. If a few people could bring dirt tools like shovels and hoes today that would be excellent. There is a bit of deberming and drain work that needs to be done and taking care of it before the weekend will only help the trails dry quicker if we do get some rain.

Board Position

Thanks again everyone for braving the bugs tonight! Bryan and I rode a lap after working and the trails are in awesome condition. No trail work should be needed Saturday unless we find some areas of pooling water if it rains.