Thread: No One Left Behind group ride / cookout -- Sunday, June 15th at Scott County Park

Default No One Left Behind group ride / cookout -- Sunday, June 15th at Scott County Park

Time to graduate to a new park for NRLB! How about a group ride at Sco Co Pa on a Sunday for those Saturday-working stiffs?

When: Sunday, June 15th (weather permitting)

Time: Negotiable. I'm thinking 10 AM for the ride and cookout at Noon. It's getting warmer outside and riding in cooler temperatures is nice. It also leaves the afternoon open for the pool for those interested or more time for another lap after lunch (and it still gets you home in plenty of time to relax and get set for the bedredded Monday). My other thought is to ride at 2 PM and then cookout at 4. Any preference?

Where: Scott County park-- Pride Lake parking lot

Our newer riders have been developing their skills over the last month at Sunderbruch Park, so it's time to become acquained with a different trail system. ScoCoPa is beginner-friendly. The No Rider Left Behind component of the day will be the green loop on the North side. After that, Newbies can opt to ride more on their own, and leaders can pick up the pace. I have a small propane grill that I will bring, and everyone is welcome to use it after the ride. Just bring something to throw on the grill if so inclined.

So, any preference of time?
    I wanna ride!

Definitely in. I'd say ride at 11 and food at 1 imo.

Let's meet in the middle. Ride at 10:30, lunch at 12:30 ish for those interested.
    I wanna ride!

Isn't June 15th Father's Day?

I'll be at Ride the River.
    "ya, well...that's like...your...opinion. man."

Ya its fathers day, perfect fathers day for me lol.

June 15 is also the rain date for Illiniwek. Fingers crossed that we won't need to use it...

Aw shoot. It's the only weekend I have free for a while. Guess we will keep it and whomever shows up can ride. Thanks for the reminder re Father's day. Will cancel if Illiniwek gets rained out. And, it looks like I am having dinner with Dad that night!
    I wanna ride!

Quote Originally Posted by jimithng23 View Post
    Isn't June 15th Father's Day?

I'll be at Ride the River.
    What's ride the river man?

What about Saturday???

Saturday could be an option. My original intent was to schedule the ride for a Sunday so that those people who work on Saturday could also make the ride. I am fine either Saturday or Sunday. Mielke works on Saturdays so changing it won't help him.
    I wanna ride!

Quote Originally Posted by Bexter View Post
    Saturday could be an option. My original intent was to schedule the ride for a Sunday so that those people who work on Saturday could also make the ride. I am fine either Saturday or Sunday. Mielke works on Saturdays so changing it won't help him.
    Oh, please don't work the schedule around me.
    "ya, well...that's like...your...opinion. man."

Let's keep it Sunday. There will be plenty of other group rides to come for those who want to ride and couldn't make on the 15th.
    I wanna ride!

Just seemed Sunday was a possible busy day for biking events. Dont matter to me either day

I also had Schnauffer in mind since he works Saturdays. Just going to keep it as originally scheduled. I love that we have so many activities to choose from in our community. Mtn biking and road riding generally cater to different people... unless you're me. Bwahahaaa! What I do know is that if the weather nice on June 15th, I'll be riding at ScoCoPa and will ride with others if they show up!
    I wanna ride!

Same here, u know there's going to be several that don't post that don't show up, if for no other reason than our shenanigans.

Wife requested turning this into an all day thing for us at least.

So those with kids and want a day at the park, well be there all day. Got kids that ride trails, bring their bikes. I'm bringing my 7yr olds bike cause there on north loop is his favorite place to ride. Get a group ride for kids/parents going.

Board Position
    Trail Steward - Geneseo Prairie Park

Thanks Bexter...
    ANYTHING can be fixed...how badly do you want it?

We're in for Sunday if it's still on. Sounds fun. We'll check back to make sure. Cheers, Betsy.

Sweet Betsy! There is a chance of rain on Sunday, so pray for dry/open trails! Hopefully we can eek out a ride before rain hits.
    I wanna ride!

Have we agreed on a time yet? It looks like weather will be better earlier.

Ya were sticking with 1030 am. Weather looks good till mid afternoon so far. Unless Bex says otherwise its still on, well be there.

Edit: ok maybe just checked site....trails still closed...

PLAN B??????

The trails at Scott County Park are still closed. I had hoped they would open given the dry, breezy weather. This ride is officially cancelled. Stay tuned for a reschedule date....

Feel free to post an alternative ride elsewhere for Sunday morning.
    I wanna ride!

We are thinking SBP around 10 with the kids. Picnic after. Still counting on weather.

Quote Originally Posted by Tigris99 View Post
    Ya were sticking with 1030 am. Weather looks good till mid afternoon so far. Unless Bex says otherwise its still on, well be there.

Edit: ok maybe just checked site....trails still closed...

PLAN B??????

Ffs they opened the trails about an hr ago.... Swear they waited till we cancelled to open them lol.

On that note, were loading up to head that way.
    Last edited by Tigris99; 06-15-2014 at 11:58 AM.