Thread: Final Tuesday night Newbie/No Rider Left Behind Ride #4 -- Tuesday, May 27th at 6 PM

Default Final Tuesday night Newbie/No Rider Left Behind Ride #4 -- Tuesday, May 27th at 6 PM

Curious about mountain biking? Join FORC for our final session and discover the pure joy of riding single track weather permitting (there is a chance of pop-up storms this afternoon, so we might get rained out).

We will discuss bike handling, rider positioning, clearing obstacles, and basic maintenance. We will then go on a “no rider left behind” ride where we’ll stop and examine obstacles, and practice our skills according to your comfort level. Most rides will last about an hour and a half.

WE WILL HAVE HOTDOGS TO GRILL AFTER OUR RIDE TONIGHT. BRING A DISH TO PASS IF YOU FEEL LIKE IT, OR IT NOT, WE WILL JUST ENJOY HOTDOGS.

When: 6:00 PM May 27 (weather permitting)
    Where: Sunderbruch Park (West Davenport)

HELMET REQUIRED.

*Please be equipped on the trail with a spare innertube, tire levers, CO2 and/or pump so that you're not stuck in the event that you get a flat tire
    I wanna ride!

we got rained on pretty hard in the west end of Davenport last night so I had to close the trails.

I'll try to get someone out to check them out today to see if they'll be rideable tonight but I wouldn't count on it.

A backup plan would be wise.
    "ya, well...that's like...your...opinion. man."

Thanks Mielke. Just let us know.
    I wanna ride!

Illiniwek and Westbrook are open (but do make a judgement call for yourself if you do ride either one of those trails to ensure they are suitable for riding). Weatherbug shows a 50% chance of rain at 5 and 6 PM which may do us in tonight anyway. As much as I want to make Illiniwek an official alternative option tonight if Sunder stays closed, I am pretty certain we will lose people if we change tonight's ride location. MY plan is to ride Illiniwek tonight if Sunder stays closed. We can make it a group ride if you want. If we end up at Illiniwek tonight, we will still have our LAST NRLB ride and cookout at Sunderbruch Park next Tuesday (weather/trail permitting). If you come out to Illiniwek tonight, BRING ABSORBINE JR FOR THE GNATS! They are HORRIBLE!
    I wanna ride!

Sigh. I'm going to call it. It rained in Rock Island and we're not far from Sunderbruch. Tonight's NRLB ride and cookout is canceled. The reschedule date is Tuesday June 3rd. Not sure about Illiniwek Park tonight either. The Web shows the trails are still open but I am doubtful. I think I may ride pavement tonight... whatever you choose to do, have a great night! Hope to see you next Tuesday!
    I wanna ride!

Hey, I was wondering what tonight was going to be like of anyone has any info. on that it would be great. Thanks!

Sunderbruch trails are closed. I didn't get a chance to call the ranger at Illiniwek to verify whether the trails are open or not (the trail steward is out of town). I'm opting instead to get a road ride. Don't forget about tomorrow's taco ride along the Ben Butterworth path to rapids City. The ride leaves Celebration Belle parking lot (last year, they actually met a bit East of there at the old boat launch) at 5:35 PM.
    I wanna ride!