Thread: Lets Get the Word Out: Race Posters

Board Position
    Trail Steward - Illiniwek; Web Director

Default Lets Get the Word Out: Race Posters

This year we aren't going to be printing race fliers through a professional printer because of the cost and large number of unused/wasted fliers in the past. Instead, we are calling on everyone to pitch in for this effort. The more people we see at these events the more money we can bring in to put back into the local trails. Spread the word!

If you want to help, download the posters, print a couple of copies, and take them to local businesses or locations which would reach the target audience. Please reply to this thread with the locations which have posted fliers to keep from hitting the same places twice.

Ideal locations would be:
    • At trailhead kiosks
    • Bike shops
    • Along local bike paths
    • Gyms & fitness/athletic centers
    • Local colleges
    • Outdoor apparel/gear shops
    • Local breweries

If you have any more location ideas post them as well.

Illiniwek Abermination (4.2MB PDF)

FORC Side Thrill Ride (5.6MB PDF)

Last edited by DH001; 05-10-2014 at 01:23 PM.

I am heading to a handful of bike shops this weekend. I'll post up which ones I get to with the flyers.

I don't have a color printer. :-( I will certainly help distribute if someone can print a few for me. I'll cover the cost of your ink/paper.
    I wanna ride!

Board Position

Quote Originally Posted by Bexter View Post
    I don't have a color printer. :-( I will certainly help distribute if someone can print a few for me. I'll cover the cost of your ink/paper.
    Do you think sending copies via email would be effective or would that be asking too much on the receivers end?

Anyone else have any ideas on where to post these?

Quote Originally Posted by DH001 View Post
    Do you think sending copies via email would be effective or would that be asking too much on the receivers end?
    Depends how serious we are of promoting the event. Seems to me we have plenty of funds to do it right. If too many were printed in the past, just print fewer. Just sayin...

Rg.
    Haters gonna hate.

Board Position

Most printing shops require minimum quantities before they will do a run (250 pieces is common). I think we spent close to $200 on printing fliers to promote the Stampede in 2013 (someone correct me if this is inaccurate) with most of that going to waste. We probably don't need more than 50 copies of each and most shops will charge the same for 50 as they would for their minimum runs. The minimums have a high "per piece" cost already.

Wal Mart has a pretty good printing area now and we could do whatever we wanted per piece. I think the UPS store by Best Buy in Moline can do Printing too without a minimum. I'm sure there are other options out there. I wouldn't send anything electronically to a vendor, customer, etc. and ask them to print it.
    I may have to grow old, but I'll never have to grow up.

Quote Originally Posted by Russhole View Post
    Wal Mart has a pretty good printing area now and we could do whatever we wanted per piece. I think the UPS store by Best Buy in Moline can do Printing too without a minimum. I'm sure there are other options out there. I wouldn't send anything electronically to a vendor, customer, etc. and ask them to print it.
    He said "Wal Mart!" Ha Ha

Why don't we ask Dustin??

Having good quality posters at the bike shops and elsewhere is important in my mind, not to mention Drew's work is too awesome to not show off on a professional quality format. The Brandt Company is donating the flyers and posters for both races this year, the Abermination flyers/posters will be done by Wednesday hopefully. I'll be lookin' for some help to get them to the Bike Shops!

-S

Awesome work! I will still planning on taking a flyer to each bike shop that I visit tomorrow and y'all can replace them with the Brandt flyers down the road.

Board Position

Thanks for getting that done Steve! Also thanks to the Brandt Company for the donation.

I think we are missing the boat. Why not take pre orders of prints for people to keep for their own home shops, wall art, etc? The art on these is so cool...don't you think people would but them beforehand and/or at the race for $5-20 depending on size? I wish I had a collection of Stampede posters. Seems like we could help subsidize the cost by selling the overruns.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Dirt Don't Hurt

Hey if someone will get them in the mail to me I got the 3 lbs' here I can get them to.

And im guilty of keeping a couple of each. My wife scrapbooks....nuff said

Sent from my Nokia Stupidphone using Tapatalk