Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 2014 FORC Time Trial Series

http://connect.garmin.com/activity/497022735

I got 3.97 miles but I didn't begin tracking until just after the ladder bridge on Kickapoo Up.
    "ya, well...that's like...your...opinion. man."

I had my garmin on ...said 4.17 miles or something close. I'll check exact distance and let ya know...

Board Position
    Trail Steward - Illiniwek; Web Director

Thanks guys.

Board Position
    Insurance Manager

I left behind a red and white helmet. I believe the brand is a Bell. If you picked it up please let me know.
    Thanks, Eric
    A Value Oriented Cyclist

Quote Originally Posted by ew_perry View Post
    I left behind a red and white helmet. I believe the brand is a Bell. If you picked it up please let me know.
    Thanks, Eric
    Pretty sure Neipert is your guy.

Quote Originally Posted by Neiprider View Post
    Definitely a good time! Some fast times were laid down. Thanks for putting it on.

I have a red bell helmet and red fingerless gloves that were left behind after the TT. Claim them if they are yours.
    ^^^ I would say that's a safe bet.
    "Start and end at a brewery, and a very cool snow and Ice urban/cross country, lake ride in between with flasks ful of Krakin... YAH MON!!!!" - Vibrato

"Every one of you should ride a bike and be yourself. I really and truly believe that bikes make the world better, and that anyone who spends some time getting used to life on the saddle will find that it makes their life and the world that their life is locked to, better; in almost every way." -Gern Blanston, Surly Bikes

Board Position
    Insurance Manager

Yeah...missing some gloves too. Would love to get those back tonight. You going to be out anywhere? Riding by 503 Brown St? Or I can stop by your place. Thanks,
    A Value Oriented Cyclist

Don't know if I will be out at all tonight. You can stop by my place and get them. They will be on the front porch 2410 Western Ave in DPORT after 4pm or so.
    Tourist

Don't forget! Time Trial #2 at Illiniwek tomorrow night starting at 6:30. Come out and get a preview of the race course and have some fun with your FORC'n friends!

One last bump for tonight's TT at Illiniwek. I'll be there around 5:30 to get things set up. If you have any questions, give me a call @ 319-461-3702

Thanks to everyone for coming out and braving the Mosquitos tonight...trails were in great shape and some awesome times were put down! Looking forward to doing it again next time. Here are the results:

POINTS STANDINGS

2014 FORC Time Trial #2 - Illiniwek Forest Preserve; Thursday, May 29

1. Chris Scott - 20:03
    2. Paul Struck - 20:53
    3. David Glover - 20:54
    4. Brian Kingsbury - 21:03
    5. Brian Leuth - 21:21
    6. Ryan Neipert - 21:59
    7. Nick Eckerman - 23:12
    8. Pags - 23:24
    9. Ann McKillip - 23:45
    10. Pete Crocker - 23:46
    11. Jake Ralfs - 23:52
    12. Sugar Shane Hicks - 25:24
    13. DJ Norby - 25:49
    14. Don White - 26:33
    15. Harris Elias - 27:09
    16. Stephen Elias - 28:11
    17. Mark Squires - 28:57
    18. Evan Scott - 29:26
    19. Sergio Mendoza - 31:43
    Last edited by Vittetoe761; 06-26-2014 at 11:03 AM.

Series points have been updated. They can be found at the beginning of this thread after the series info post. Looks like we have a barn burner at the front of the pack!

Hey y'all...don't forget about the next installment of the 2014 FORC Time Trial Series will be held next Thursday, June 19 at Scott County Park!

The plan is to meet at Buffalo Bill Pavilion and send the first rider out at 6:30pm. If the pavilion is rented that evening, we will move just up the road to the MTB Trail Head.

Checking the forecast for rain this week and it is looking questionable at best leading up to the TT on Thursday. We'll plan on holding the event as planned for now, but may need to re-schedule. Stay tuned to this thread (and the weather, and trail open/closed status) for details as we get closer to Thursday.

If we DO need to reschedule, I will probably do a little shuffling with the rest of the schedule to accommodate a rain date.

Bumping this thread once again. Sounds like there has been some quality trail work being done out at SCP which will be much appreciated by the TT racers...thanks to Westy and the rest of the SCP crew that has been working on that!

From what I hear, the trails were in great shape last night/this morning but we just had a shower roll through the area that may have changed the status a bit. The warm weather is drying things out pretty quick, so we'll keep thinking positive thoughts and plan on racing tomorrow afternoon! I'll post updates tomorrow as needed (or as I get the information fed to me).

See all you honkies tomorrow!

Board Position
    President

Working in Eldridge today, I can say the rains have missed us so far. Trails are still open.
    You'd understand if you know what I was talking about.

Spazz deserves most of the credit for getting those trails in great shape, he busts his ass out there. I am just simply his farm hand.

Anyone want to meet me out there at 5 to ride a lap and help set up the course? I'm not very familiar with the trails out there, so any help would be a plus.

Board Position
    President

I'll be there.
    You'd understand if you know what I was talking about.

From what I hear, the trails are still in good shape AT THE MOMENT, but there is a good sized system off to the west that will put us out of commission if it doesn't start dissipating SOON.

I don't want to cancel anything yet seeing how crazy and unpredictable the weather has been this week, but if it isn't breaking up by 4:30pm then I'll likely cancel (will try to get it posted between 4:30 & 5:00). Might try to reschedule for next week if that is the case, stay tuned to this thread for updates. If you have any questions, give me a call @ 319-461-3702.

-Vitt

15 minutes ago in MuscaVegas...

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

Default Oh no!!

Not looking good!!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Our t ball game got cancelled so I was hopeful that we'd be able to get the TT in before the storm hits and I'd actually be able to attend but it doesn't look good. Rat farts!
    Dirt Don't Hurt

Yep...it wasn't meant to be. Its been raining pretty hard for the last 30 minutes here in Muscatine and the radar isn't promising for SCP. Going to have to cancel tonight.

Let's plan on rescheduling to next Wednesday...same time, same place.

Bummer