Thread: New Bike Rapair Stand(s) Downtown Davenport

Default New Bike Rapair Stand(s) Downtown Davenport

Received word from my good buddy that works for the Downtown Davenport Partnership about this and wanted me to spread the word to the local bike community. They have a goal of continuing to make the downtown and Davenport in general more biker friendly.

I think this is great news that we have people working to make this happen with the bike community in mind- for lots of reasons besides the obvious. Next time you see the guys that work for the DDP, let them know we appreciate what they do and to keep it up! I have seen this stand in person and it is really nice. All the basic tools you would need to make the most common repairs.

I will send this forum link to my buddy that helped to make this happen as he is open to suggestions as to where more locations would benefit from such bike stations. Obviously this first one, located in front of Great River Brewery on East 2nd St., is a great location! It's also right across the street from their headquarters so they can keep an eye on it.

Keep in mind, this is the Downtown partnership, so as rad as it would be to see one at SBP or other local trails, they are more interested in the downtown area as of now.

Thanks again to Downtown Davenport Partnership!
    "Start and end at a brewery, and a very cool snow and Ice urban/cross country, lake ride in between with flasks ful of Krakin... YAH MON!!!!" - Vibrato

"Every one of you should ride a bike and be yourself. I really and truly believe that bikes make the world better, and that anyone who spends some time getting used to life on the saddle will find that it makes their life and the world that their life is locked to, better; in almost every way." -Gern Blanston, Surly Bikes

That is freaking awesome!!! Love seeing the area being more and more supportive of cyclists.

Too bad we can't get one of those at each trail head.

Sent from my Nokia Stupidphone using Tapatalk

The Parks n Rec Department loves the idea of a bike wash at Sunderbruch, and have expressed interest in installing one, but they need a water supply, which means $$$$$$ that they don't have.
    "ya, well...that's like...your...opinion. man."

Kudos to Davenport for doing this. I've been seeing them pop up a lot on college campuses and big cities. I think this is really great. Next up parts vending machine?

Board Position
    Trail Steward - Illiniwek; Web Director

That is extremely cool and it looks like it is built like a tank. Thank you to everyone involved in making this happen.

Found the company that makes them: Dero Fixit Service Station

Quote Originally Posted by jJohnson View Post
    Next up parts vending machine?
    A couple of these along the local bike paths paired with intertube, patch kit, and parts vending machines would be amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by jimithng23 View Post
    The Parks n Rec Department loves the idea of a bike wash at Sunderbruch, and have expressed interest in installing one, but they need a water supply, which means $$$$$$ that they don't have.
    Could look into a rainwater harvesting system on the pavilion...much cheaper than a water line plus it would be a great example of sustainable infrastructure design.

Quote Originally Posted by DH001 View Post
    That is extremely cool and it looks like it is built like a tank. Thank you to everyone involved in making this happen.

Found the company that makes them: Dero Fixit Service Station

A couple of these along the local bike paths paired with intertube, patch kit, and parts vending machines would be amazing.
    We've been looking to move our location closer to the bike path. If we can find something, I will definitely be installing a vending machine for people when we're closed.

Super cool, need one of those at each one of the trail heads.

JB
    "I've spent half of my life riding a bike, the other half I wasted!"

Board Position
    Vice President

kinda in a random spot shouldn't it be on the bike path?

GRB is a haven for bicyclists so it makes a lot of sense. And I bet GRB had a hand in getting it done.

This is awesome. Beer is to bike repair as air is to tire pressure.