Thread: Bike & Parts Swap 4/13/14

Default Bike & Parts Swap 4/13/14

Do you have any bikes, components or bike related stuff sitting around collecting dust? Do you have a need for a bike or bike parts, and want a good deal on them? Do you like local craft beer?

If you answered 'yes' to any of the above, I hope you join FORC for a parts swap meet! This is a great way to get a few dollars for your unused or used bikes, parts or bike related stuff as well as find some parts you need for your budget.

Where: Davenport Freight House on the deck. 421 W. River Dr.

When: Sunday, April 13th @ 12:00pm

What: Bring your bikes/parts with an idea of what you want for them. Haggling is allowed and greatly encouraged! Front Street Brewery has agreed to open the tap room for us for this special event, so you can enjoy a beer while you shop/sell.

Hope to see you there!
    "Start and end at a brewery, and a very cool snow and Ice urban/cross country, lake ride in between with flasks ful of Krakin... YAH MON!!!!" - Vibrato

"Every one of you should ride a bike and be yourself. I really and truly believe that bikes make the world better, and that anyone who spends some time getting used to life on the saddle will find that it makes their life and the world that their life is locked to, better; in almost every way." -Gern Blanston, Surly Bikes

I like bikes and parts and haggling and beer.
    "ya, well...that's like...your...opinion. man."

Board Position
    Vice President

ohh im down!

Board Position
    Vice President

How bout kayaks? I have a 08ish wilderness system tsunami 12.0 im thinkin bout selling. paddle and spray skirt included only been used maybe 10 times its blue it was 1100ish new im thinking 700ish ill bring it if there is interest!

Yep, I would think anything adventure/outdoors related is fair game. People that bike, in general, would be interested in things like that, so bring it down if you want to sell it.

I've heard several people with some good stuff they will be selling, so get there sooner than later and get first dibs.

Also, FORC will have merchandise for sale as well during the event. Come get some FORC clothing to wear this Summer and support the club and the people that build and maintain the local trails. Membership apps will be available as well.

There will be further discussion at tonight's monthly meeting at Front Street Brewery Restaurant. (In the basement)

Thanks, see you there!
    "Start and end at a brewery, and a very cool snow and Ice urban/cross country, lake ride in between with flasks ful of Krakin... YAH MON!!!!" - Vibrato

"Every one of you should ride a bike and be yourself. I really and truly believe that bikes make the world better, and that anyone who spends some time getting used to life on the saddle will find that it makes their life and the world that their life is locked to, better; in almost every way." -Gern Blanston, Surly Bikes

Necro for sale?
    "Coach says I've got the heart of a champion and legs of a spectator"

Good news- this will be a RAIN or SHINE event. Forecast is calling for a chance of off and on showers Sunday, so the City of Davenport has given us permission to use the area on the far West end of the Freight house to use. It is the loading dock area that is under roof.

So hopefully we won't need to go down there and the sun will be shining, but if not we won't have to reschedule and will be able to be high and dry.

Spread the word and see everyone Sunday.

That's really terrific! Thanks for your good work and collaboration!
    I wanna ride!

Just realized I missed this. How was the turn out? Anyone have any carbon 31.6 seat post that they are still looking to get ride of? That was one of the things on my list to buy.