Thread: Wtb cheap bike

Default Wtb cheap bike

Ok hopefully u guys can help cause having crap for luck up here (besides ppl wanting stupid money for what was the cheapest model bike 10yrs ago).

Bike for commuting, errands, towing the little one around (once it gets warm enough for him). Tired of using my 29er for running around town, getting too many stares from ppl that see $$$$ riding past. Then locking it up outside to stuff I hope will hold cause not many places have bike racks.

700c, largish frame, v brake/linear pull bosses, frame is for geared bike not ss. Can be 1" steerer for all I care. 4 things listed are only criteria, preference of fitting sq taper etc type bbs though (saves effort of adapters). Primarily need frame/fork and wheels. Rigid fork is perfect but dont care really. Brand, any of that I don't care either.

And CHEAP as possible lol. Hoping to keep it at or below $100 unless bike is fully rideable already, staying as far below $200 as I can though.

Hope someone has something buried somewhere.

Thnx

Sent from my Nokia Stupidphone using Tapatalk

I've got a Trek 4100 I'll sell you for $75. The crank may need some work (hopefully just tightening a bolt) but the rest of the bike is in good condition.

^ Can't beat that!

Not 700c but for that price if the size is right im all over it what frame size?

BBasically 18" will work, 19-20" optimal, 21" will work too.

Last edited by Tigris99; 03-13-2014 at 11:47 PM.

Thnx man, bike home and gtg. Fits right in with my 29er and sons trek . Wife much happier too.