Again this year I will be planning 2 trips. Memorial Day and Weekend and Labor Day weekend. These are both camping trips.

First, Memorial Day weekend. Like last year, we will be heading to Levis Trow Mounds up near Neillsville, WI. It is a easy 4 1/2 hour drive from the QC due north. Closes town of any significants is Black River Falls. The rough plan is to leave either Friday night May 25 after work or Saturday the 24th and return on Monday the 26th. Camping available at the trail head with flush toilets and running water. Showers are down the road a bit but close enough. They have 25+ miles of trails that I could ride everyday and never get tired of.

Second will be Labor Day weekend. Copper Harbor, MI. A bit farther away but well worth every hour of the 10 1/2 hour drive. Yes, I did say 10 1\2 hours, This is the Bells Beer Fat Tire Fest. Live bands, Bon fires, races (enduro, XC no down hill this year). This place is incredible. Trails are amazing 30+ miles of purpose build single track. Every thing you can imagine! XC, Double black, down hill, jump lines... The camping can't be beat. Flush toilets, hot showers, running water and nestled between Lake Superior and Lake Fanny Hooe. Most people leave Thursday August 28 and leave September 1st. If some of you would like to extend the trip, some of us will be going to a second destination. More than likely will be Marquette, MI. Could be Hayward, WI. More to come...

This post is intended to get people thinking about what's going on and what they might be interested in and what they might want to do. If you have any questions about either of these trips by all means, ask. I've been to Levis several times and Copper 4 times. Last year, we had over 30 of us at both destination. With camping at the trail heads, it makes for easy planning. Plug into the group ride you want to do, ride your own ride or sit back and relax at the camp ground.