Thread: A couple for road trips for 2014

Board Position
    President

Default A couple for road trips for 2014

Again this year I will be planning 2 trips. Memorial Day and Weekend and Labor Day weekend. These are both camping trips.

First, Memorial Day weekend. Like last year, we will be heading to Levis Trow Mounds up near Neillsville, WI. It is a easy 4 1/2 hour drive from the QC due north. Closes town of any significants is Black River Falls. The rough plan is to leave either Friday night May 25 after work or Saturday the 24th and return on Monday the 26th. Camping available at the trail head with flush toilets and running water. Showers are down the road a bit but close enough. They have 25+ miles of trails that I could ride everyday and never get tired of.

Second will be Labor Day weekend. Copper Harbor, MI. A bit farther away but well worth every hour of the 10 1/2 hour drive. Yes, I did say 10 1\2 hours, This is the Bells Beer Fat Tire Fest. Live bands, Bon fires, races (enduro, XC no down hill this year). This place is incredible. Trails are amazing 30+ miles of purpose build single track. Every thing you can imagine! XC, Double black, down hill, jump lines... The camping can't be beat. Flush toilets, hot showers, running water and nestled between Lake Superior and Lake Fanny Hooe. Most people leave Thursday August 28 and leave September 1st. If some of you would like to extend the trip, some of us will be going to a second destination. More than likely will be Marquette, MI. Could be Hayward, WI. More to come...

This post is intended to get people thinking about what's going on and what they might be interested in and what they might want to do. If you have any questions about either of these trips by all means, ask. I've been to Levis several times and Copper 4 times. Last year, we had over 30 of us at both destination. With camping at the trail heads, it makes for easy planning. Plug into the group ride you want to do, ride your own ride or sit back and relax at the camp ground.
    You'd understand if you know what I was talking about.

Definitely in for Levis. Last year was my first time going up there and it was nothing short of spectacular. Those trails are second to none and will leave you with a sh*t eating grin a mile wide.

Camping is great as well, in a beautiful part of the country that should be taken in and enjoyed. This trip will be marked on my calendar for years to come.

Hoping to make it to Copper this year as well, but first things first- Bring on Levis! And some dry dirt!
    "Start and end at a brewery, and a very cool snow and Ice urban/cross country, lake ride in between with flasks ful of Krakin... YAH MON!!!!" - Vibrato

"Every one of you should ride a bike and be yourself. I really and truly believe that bikes make the world better, and that anyone who spends some time getting used to life on the saddle will find that it makes their life and the world that their life is locked to, better; in almost every way." -Gern Blanston, Surly Bikes

Planning on making the Levis trip...along with my axles.
    "ya, well...that's like...your...opinion. man."

Planning on Levis fo sho. Copper...maybe. Hopefully.

I am totally bummed that I will be in Florida for the Levis trip. However i am all in for copper harbor.

Quote Originally Posted by jimithng23 View Post
    Planning on making the Levis trip...along with my axles.
    I wanna ride!

Levis...in.
    Copper...I've already spent about $1000.00 getting ready. I can't wait...
    I may have to grow old, but I'll never have to grow up.

I'm going to do everything in my power to be in for levis!!! Just getting there may be an issue (wife will probably have car seeing her family in STL )

Sent from my Nokia Stupidphone using Tapatalk

Looks like there will be a FORC'er living in Copper this summer...now I need to figure out how to get up to Copper on top of the Moab trip in October!

Congrats on the new gig Sixers!

Thanks Vitt. Can't wait to til forc comes to town when I'm there.
    Experiencing the world through second hand information isn’t enough. If we want authenticity we have to initiate it. We will never know our full potential unless we push ourselves to find it.

Me and my brother Justin would like to do the Levis trip. This will be our first time and look forward to it.

Board Position
    President

Sweet. It's not going to suck.
    You'd understand if you know what I was talking about.

Corbin's in for both this year! Sadly can't make Copper with the CREW Labor Day weekend :( Heading up for a week mid-September!!

I'm in for extended Copper trip, and I call shotgun in AG's van.
    "Start and end at a brewery, and a very cool snow and Ice urban/cross country, lake ride in between with flasks ful of Krakin... YAH MON!!!!" - Vibrato

"Every one of you should ride a bike and be yourself. I really and truly believe that bikes make the world better, and that anyone who spends some time getting used to life on the saddle will find that it makes their life and the world that their life is locked to, better; in almost every way." -Gern Blanston, Surly Bikes

Levis was amazing! Loved every minute of it. Somebody put the bug in my ear about Copper today, and I'm in. How could I pass up that kind of opportunity? I realize I will have to become a camper for that trip, though. I'm sure it will be worth it!