that Framed Minnesota 1.0 is a solid build for $799... $200 more for the Nashbar and only worthwhile difference I see is steel frame and brakes.

Personally, I prefer steel and I would go for the Avid BB5s over the Hayes mech brakes. Getting up into the $999 price point and I have a tough time recommending the NBar bike over a used Surly, Salsa, or other "big" brand you could find on craigslist or Midwest Velo Swap. Good deals on pre-owned fatties don't come around often, but they're out there.

That said... the Sram X5 drivetrain on the MN 1.0 is reliable and durable, Avid BB5's are a good solid mechanical brake, and the rest of the package is rounded out nicely for the $. The tires are garbage, in my opinion, but it all comes down to how and where you'll ride the bike. Gonna stick to mostly hardpack trail or pavement? Then the V Mission may fit the bill. Gonna go out and STOMP and bushwhack?? You're gonna want to get a better tire.

What's a new Pugs cost with a 2x drivetrain and Nate's? Looks like $1750 retail on REI.com and I know Phil & Steve at Bike n Hike have been known to give a deal.

All in all, solid package for the $.