Thread: be warned ;p

Default be warned ;p

I found something that to me was amazing today.

Being I haven't ridden in over a month cause of baby and obvious mother nature being a biatch been trying to find a fix for that. Trainer.

Now I don't know think most find a vibration a good thing but went to trek shop here to try some out. Wind version of no use for me, fluid too expensive. Cycleops mag was perfect. And the vibration is soothing felt at home out on a trail if I closed my eye hehe.

So look out I can now train all the time including for the climbs. No more playing catch up and making u all wait for me this coming season. feel like a kid on Xmas lol.

From personal experience, find someone else to ride indoors with you. It gets incredibly boring, incredibly quickly but sharing that boredome with other people helps. I have a trainer collecting dust in my living room right now that I haven't touched in a month or so.

Another way to make the time go quicker is to do some kind of interval workout. Concentrate on the recover time between intervals and take it one interval at a time, and the time just melts away. I noticed Bicycling magazine posted some interval workouts: http://www.bicycling.com/training-nu...kouts-cyclists

Another trick I use if I just have an hour spin with no intervals is to cover my bike computer with a towel. Staring at the timer is only going to make it go slower.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote Originally Posted by Gunchie View Post
    Another trick I use if I just have an hour spin with no intervals is to cover my bike computer with a towel. Staring at the timer is only going to make it go slower.
    This helps a TON! Keith, welcome to the world of indoor training. It sucks but it doesn't suck as much as being out of shape in the Summer and Fall when trails are at their prime and the hills are killing you. Your legs will thank you this summer!
    I wanna ride!

Thnx guys

Actually going to park in front of the tv, maybe buy one of those dvds that makes it look as as it riding somewhere.

Didn't expect this to be much fun in itself (nothing beats riding outside on a beautiful day) but this for advise on how to cut the boredom. My motivation right now is knowing how much more fun I'm going to have this year having to stop less and being able to pedal faster. See how long before boredom starts to overtake motivation lol.

No such thing as crappy weather, get out and ride!

^^ THIS ^^

Dealing with the cold to ride outside through the winter beats an indoor trainer session any day.

Quote Originally Posted by Tigris99 View Post
    Thnx guys

Actually going to park in front of the tv, maybe buy one of those dvds that makes it look as as it riding somewhere.

Didn't expect this to be much fun in itself (nothing beats riding outside on a beautiful day) but this for advise on how to cut the boredom. My motivation right now is knowing how much more fun I'm going to have this year having to stop less and being able to pedal faster. See how long before boredom starts to overtake motivation lol.
    Don't waste your money on one of those DVDs. Get the Sufferfest videos and train like a man. Also, those DVDs are the cheesiest things I have ever watched.

Sweet u buy me a fat bike I'll get out and ride now. Oh and pay for my babysitter ;P

Thnx for the warning I thought it was just supposed to be a video of scenery nothing else.

Sent from my RM-860_nam_usa_100 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Tigris99 View Post
    Sweet u buy me a fat bike I'll get out and ride now. Oh and pay for my babysitter ;P

Thnx for the warning I thought it was just supposed to be a video of scenery nothing else.

Sent from my RM-860_nam_usa_100 using Tapatalk
    It's just a GoPro strapped to someone's chest as they ride ridiculously slow through whatever park. Now the Sufferfest videos are actually training videos with footage from top level road races.

Quote Originally Posted by Vittetoe761 View Post