Ok just happened to catch this thread.

My 2cents for what it's worth after reading what is already here and listening alot to learn how things work.

I'm with dirt honestly on this one. Surge`s idea I actually really like. What I have heard is the stampede has made a name for itself with forc. Everyone knows it as beginning season race that's insane fun. I attended last season and had a blast. Only regret is I didn't ride a race. Ppl expect that of us now. Word will get out more and more that the island is closed atm. But it's not just the trails that make the stampede name, it's FORC!!! The people, the fun, the laughs and the awesome trails.

Illiniwek is like the secret treasure of FORC achievements. Sunder is well known and amazing but didn't give me the rush that Illiniwek did the first time out this last fall. Was kicking myself for not riding it this whole time. Something about flying down through the berms on the edge of outta control (take that with a grain of salt it's me so still slow compared to u ppl) that has me dying to get out there again. And I see the same excitement out of the rest of FORC and u all have ridden there alot.

So I think it makes a perfect "temporary replacement" for SIS. Make sure to only use "Stampede" so it shows we're not at SIS but will be associated with the great time ppl have come to expect for the first FORC race of the season. And working the berms into the name gives the ability to easily separate the 2 locations when the island reopens. Stampede isn't the island imo, it's how FORC kicks off the season.