Quote Originally Posted by dru_b View Post
when and where does a "freeride park" come into play in the FORC organization then? it seems that all we want to promote is FAST FLOWY SINGLETRACK and if it gets too technical, dumb it down, just like ray says. i am completely in agreement with the trails and systems that we support and maintain, but the younger generation is looking for "MORE."

I'm not trying to ruffle feathers or get into heated debates/arguments on what and where the club is doing. I am just a younger rider still looking for that NEXT LEVEL without having to travel to other clubs' trail to do so and there are plenty out there. I'd like to have them here, AT HOME BASE. Being a new FORC'n member, it's hard to know just what the "CLUB" wants or has tried in the past. FREERIDE is a huge genre (sp?) that I feel could bring MAJOR attention to our parks. MOST EVERYONE, or at least the ones I talk to, want to hit drops, hucks, dips, berms, obstacles, etc.

speak up, you are paying members of a club and you should have a voice in what is happening within that organization. if you want more and bigger, speak out. no personal attack intended here, just a bit of ranting and raving on my part.

for those that might have missed this, i just want to reitterate -
There are two major obstacles (no pun intended) to overcome when considering building a FREERIDE park (or any park for that matter):

1) INSURANCE
2) LAND MANAGERS

Neither of those things have anything specifically to do with FORC or what the membership of FORC have to say about the subject. I would hope that nobody actually feels like they don't have a voice in the club, and if they do, I would urge them to contact Rage or AG (president and vice president respectively). Remember, just because your idea doesn't come to fruition, doesn't mean you didn't have a voice...

-Sj