Thread: Revival

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

I think Loud Thunder has the potential to have the best trails in the area - tremendous potential. Could pursue other groups for added assistance (thinking scouts, hiking club, etc). I think you'd need to have 6 core people take the reigns with at least 2 with accomplished trail building experience. Big commitment, but big payback.

Rg.
    Haters gonna hate.

Lot's of digging, lots of time, and again do we have enough people willing to step up and make it happen. If you stop and think it took us about 3.5 years to complete the work at Illiniwek and there was a lot of existing trail already there. The terrain at LT is a lot like Illiniwek and this would be all new trail so to get 20-30 miles of trail would mean lots of hours over many years.
    I for one would love to see this happen, as Rage said "tremendous potential" and one more big step for Mountain biking in the local area. We need to meet with the county and other group as Rage mentioned and see if we can make a go of it. Maybe by making it more of a community thing and not just a FORC thing we can get the ball rolling faster and get it done.

JB
    "I've spent half of my life riding a bike, the other half I wasted!"

Phenom potential! It would be interesting to know RICO's level of commitment. Advertising Mt Biking - publicly - as part of its activities portfolio? Will allow night, weekend, holiday riding? Will enforce keeping equestrians on separate trails? Enforce trail open/closure?
    There are Years of FORC blood/sweat/tears at LTFP already. I know the club is Vastly different than 10 yrs ago, but it'd still be a shame to jump in & dedicate such great FORC resources to later only have Park Mgmt support severely dwindle - again.
    I know I know, no guarantees in life. Just cautious questions.

Quote Originally Posted by Guldy View Post
    Phenom potential! It would be interesting to know RICO's level of commitment. Advertising Mt Biking - publicly - as part of its activities portfolio? Will allow night, weekend, holiday riding? Will enforce keeping equestrians on separate trails? Enforce trail open/closure?
    There are Years of FORC blood/sweat/tears at LTFP already. I know the club is Vastly different than 10 yrs ago, but it'd still be a shame to jump in & dedicate such great FORC resources to later only have Park Mgmt support severely dwindle - again.
    I know I know, no guarantees in life. Just cautious questions.
    I would make sure I would either lead or play a large part in pushing, nearly demanding, for specific terms in the MOA stating management's commitment, as well as the club's.

At this point, they're knocking on our door so we have leverage here.
    "ya, well...that's like...your...opinion. man."