Last night in the monthly meeting Drew H. mentioned that the folks at Loud Thunder may be interested in allowing FORC to build a separate hiking/biking trail system (non-equestrian) in their park. Because of this, I have had a mild case of LT Fever today.

After reading through some of the old threads and discussions about FORC's involvement at Loud Thunder, it seems as though the general consensus was that we didn't want to go back to the park until we: A- could build a separate trail system from the equestrians; and B- would have the capacity in labor force to do a good job building and maintaining the trails. Based on what we heard at last night's meeting, it seems as though our first requirement is a real possibility.

I've never ridden at Loud Thunder so I don't have a ton of knowledge about the park, but I have looked at satellite images & terrain maps of the area a time or two and definitely like what I see as far as potential for an awesome trail system. But as we all know, awesome trail systems are a lot of work; both to build and maintain, especially when there is room for 20-30 miles of trails.

So I guess what I wanted to throw out for discussion is: Do we have enough manpower and/or interest to pursue the Loud Thunder project while the door is open?